Chapter 1

(A/N) anything in italics are the thoughts of the character.

I stand anxiously at the door of Todoroki's dorm, deciding whether or not to knock. After muttering to myself for a few minutes I tap gently on the wooden door. 'What if he doesn't want to hang out any more? What if he- The door swings open and presents Todoroki.

"H-hello Todoroki-kun" I say, fumbling with my words. He only nods and says a short 'Midoriya'. He proceeds to close his door and walk to the elevator. Following into the metal box, I ask him, "D-do you still want to go to the park with me...? D-do you have to do anything, b-because I-if you do, w-we don't have to go to the park today."

"I don't have any errands to run currently." I see him push the button for the main floor. While waiting I busy myself with my hands, fiddling, playing thumb wars. I think he noticed. Before I have to say anything, the elevator opens and I walk ahead to the front door. Even though I'm hurrying, he still catches up easily and opens the door for the two of us. I mutter a thank you and he nods. I walk ahead looking around nervously. I jump when I hear him say "Are you alright Midoriya-kun?"

"O-oh, I-I'm fine Todoroki-kun! I-I'm fine" I smile, 'please believe me'. He nods, again. He looks forward and I do too. After a few minutes of silence, we reach the swings. I sit and kick off, while he stands to the side watching. "Todoroki-kun, don't you want to swing?" Hearing my words, he walks over to the seat next to me and sits, seemingly unsure of what to do. 'Has he never been to a park before?'. I keep swinging as he looks over, watching what I do. After a bit he starts swinging gently, I smile at him. We keep swinging for a few minutes, when I jump of, landing on my feet. Looking back I see he's smiling, it's a small one, but it's there. I blush slightly, "You should smile more Todoroki-kun. U-uh I-I mean-" He stops and stands, walking up to me, still smiling.

"Would you want to buy some ice cream?" He asks me and I nod back smiling.

"I-I love I-ice cream." Side by side we start walking down the street. I start to space out after a few blocks, muttering to myself. "What if... He probably doesn't... but maybe...". Unintentionally i start to slow down shaking slightly. He stops me, his hand on my shoulder and asks if I'm alright again. "O-oh um. I-I'm fine Todoroki-kun, I-I'm ok.." I try to smile, to convince him.

"Midoriya-kun, you're shaking." He puts his right hand on my forehead. "Are you sick? Do we need to go back to the dorms?" He looks worried. 'Please believe me when I say I'm fine, because I am. If I believe it, then it's true... right...?'

"I-I'm not sick, just a little nervous, I-i haven't been anywhere other than home, t-the dorms, o-or school since USJ..." I try to convince him. 'It's not entirely a lie, I haven't been anywhere else...'

"Maybe we should go back then, we could hang out in one of our dorms for awhile. I believe Ashido-San will be setting up a movie night for all of class 1A later tonight." 'If I agree will this make him believe me or no? Yes, yes it will'. I agree with him and we walk back to the dorms.