4: Norwegain Secrets

A/N: I wanna start this off with a quick disclaimer. I got the idea for the memories to be shown from my friend FullyErased here on Wattpad. I recommend reader her story "Countries, The Past And Present" as well! Luv ya Box!

The room is enveloped in a tense silence. The family obviously has things to work out, but that wasn't going to happen here in front of several others. So, Sweden presses play.

The scene opens up in a village. Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland are walking through the village, and it appears that Norway is leading them somewhere.

"There's so many trees!" Denmark exclaims, looking at the vast natural wealth around him. Norway nods in agreement.

"Isn't it a bit far from your country?" Finland muses, talking to Norway as well.

"Yes," Norway acknowledges, a small look of regret on his face. The rest of the short trip is silent until the group of Nordics arrive at a hut a bit removed from the rest of the village.

"Faðir!" Two small colonies exclaim the moment Norway steps into the hut.

One is a girl with dark hair and skin, but she has dark purple eyes. She looks to be about the physical age of four or so. The other is a familiar boy with light blonde hair, pale skin, and light purple eyes. He looks to be around two or three, not very old at all. The two hug him, latching onto his legs and waist. Iceland appears into view as well. Norway hugs the older dark-haired girl and picks up the younger blonde boy, giving a small smile to Iceland.

"So you've found another personification," Sweden comments, eyes on the boy Norway is holding.

"No, I didn't find him," Norway says simply. A look of realization crosses Denmark, Sweden, and Finland's faces.

"Again?" Denmark remarks, and Norway nods absently. "Norge you know-"

"Yes," Norway cuts his brother off. "I know but I can't help it. I didn't ask for this, for him, but I don't regret a single moment." The child yawns, relaxing into Norway's hold in a move that makes the tension in Norway's frame melt away. He kisses the top of his child's head, adjusting his hold slightly as he lets the other fall asleep on him.

"Uncle Denmark!" The little girl says, catching the Viking's attention. "Come see what Faðir taught me!" The colony grabs Denmark's hand and pulls him out of the hut, eager to show him what Norway had been teaching her recently.

"Norge, you can't put this off," Sweden reminds his brother, almost chastising him. Norway sighs and shifts the boy in his arms.

The scene shifts, they were in the same hut, but the lighting had changed, it was darker outside now. The nations are still in the hut, but now it's just Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

"Nor-Lukas," Sweden says. "You have to return to Europe soon, with us." There's no room for argument in his tone.

"I know, but I can't leave him," Norway begins to get emotional. "They'll kill him. The natives. If I leave, it'll kill Vinland, he'll die." Tears start to build in Norway's eyes in a seemingly uncharacteristic way.

"If he's truly that weak, then it would have happened anyway," Denmark says, walking in. "Greenland went with Ice." He adds by way of explanation for a question not asked. Tears  begin to escape Norway due to Denmark's words. Finland, previously standing a bit behind Sweden, rushes forward to hug the other Nordic.

"Mathias, that's harsh," Sweden says with a frown towards his brother.

"Its true," Norway admits between tears, separating from Finland. "I know its true."