Chapter 11

Damion led the two men towards the back rooms that Draco had rented for the year. He was suddenly very happy that he had felt the need to spend the money to book the back for an entire twelve months over the summer. He could practically feel Harry's curiosity pouring off of him in waves. They passed by several doors, all of them leading into different rooms specifically designed for specific tasks. Shane motioned for the others to walk in while he held the door open for them.

He saw Harry looking around with even more confusion evident in his eyes. Draco almost growled-was the boy so deprived at his house during the summers that he really didn't recognize any of this stuff?

Draco pulled Harry towards him so their sides were almost touching, giving the man some form of comfort.

"Harry we're in the best salon and spa in the country. Now, I'm bound and determined to make sure that you're happy, and trust me. I know it sounds girlish and petty, but you'll feel absolutely amazing when we leave here." Harry allowed himself to be guided to a changing room and Draco told him what he needed to do. When he got a look of apprehension, he sighed and lifted his arms in exasperation.

"Look Harry, I know you have issues but trust me. I'm letting you take my personal stylist whenever you're here because I know him. I've had him ever since I was thirteen and I know that he won't pull any funny business with you. He knows me too well to betray my trust."

After several more minutes of worthless ranting, he stopped only to realize that in his tangents, Harry had gotten undressed and dressed in a fluffy dark green robe. He closed his mouth and quickly followed suit.

They had full body massages first, wanting to be completely relaxed for everything else that they'd be doing that afternoon. Following that was a haircut for the both of them, Draco just getting a trim and Harry cutting off at least three inches and obtaining a shaggy hair look similar to Draco's but not quite the same. He noticed that Harry had been quite nervous during this part and made a mental note to never go towards the man with a pair of shears ever.

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting manicures, pedicures, facials and they followed it all up with another massage, this one being a deep tissue. Draco's main purpose was to make Harry as boneless as possible so he'd be in a blissful state for the rest of the evening, and hopefully throughout the rest of the week.

When they arrived back at the castle, Draco needing to levitate Harry there as he was too relaxed to walk, the two boys noticed that there wasn't anyone around. Wondering what could have possibly driven everyone away from the Great Hall, they made their way towards all of the tables that usually held the dinner.

Bits of food were everywhere, strewn about the Hall as if there had been a giant food fight. Harry hadn't been too interested, so Draco just took him back to their dorms and levitated Harry onto his bed. He pulled out a pair of pajama pants and laid them next to Harry before going to his own room and putting on a pair of silk ones. Coincidentally, they had been the same color.

Walking through the bathroom to Harry's room, he wondered if his classmate had managed to get dressed for bed or if he'd have to do it for him. He was slightly relieved and a bit disappointed that he didn't need to help the other into his pajamas.

He tucked Harry into bed and turned out the light before climbing in beside the veridian-eyed man. The slight movement on his part was enough to pull Harry out of his hypnotic like bliss, if his turning on his side to face Draco was any indication.

"Draco...why are you being nice to me? You've felt how skinny I was. You know that I stayed the summer with Severus. You know that I have problems eating. Why are you bothering with me? You've got a life you could be living right now. At least Severus is where he wants to be and knows how to balance his lack of a social life with work and me. You've got school and a career to think about." Draco shushed him with a finger to his lips.

"You're a person. A human being that just so happens to matter to me. My classmates couldn't care less about me and I don't really care about them. I never really did, it was always for social status in the world of politics. That's what happens when you're born into a rich family. It was just never really for me.

"You embody what is important to me. Strength. Courage. Hope. Determination. Seeking help when you need it and not letting pride get in your way. Self-preservation. You have everything that I wish I could have learned when I was younger. Because if I had learned it when you did, the way you did...I never would have gotten involved with everything that I did get involved in." Draco looked down in shame, worried that the one person he had hoped to call a friend had just been pushed away by his open honesty.

He looked up after a few minutes of not feeling the body move away from him and was shocked to see Harry's face so close to his. They were just a moth's wing apart, and yet so far away. Draco heard a small whimper-like noise come out from the back of his throat before he felt soft lips press against his.

It was just a gentle pressing of lips, nothing exceptional, so light he could hardly believed it had happened. He felt lightheaded, more so than when he had tested out just how high his broom could take him before it would slow to a stop.

He smiled and pulled the man next to him closer and fell asleep with a smile on his lips.

Little did he know that Harry had fallen asleep with the same smile on his lips that Draco did.