recover pt.3

a few months have passed and sean and kaycee have formed a tender, real connection between the 2 of them.
going to physical therapy was sean's favorite time of the week and sean easily became kaycee's favorite patient and new best friend.

at first, kaycee only scheduled their sessions twice a week on tuesdays and thursdays. but sometime along the way sean convinced her to change it to 3 times a week: every monday, wednesday, and friday. neither of them were opposed to the idea because 1) they loved spending time together and 2 days a week didn't seem enough and 2) sean was quickly making progress so this would only help sean recover faster.

sean has graduated from the wheelchair and now only uses crutches to move around. everyone showed up to the session where they got rid of the wheelchair and had a little "graduation ceremony" to celebrate another milestone: sean's parents, sisters, josh, julian, kaycee, bailey, amari and even tahani the receptionist were all there to celebrate. it was all kaycee's idea to celebrate moments like this to remind sean of his progress and to be proud of it.

they had another mini celebration when sean was able to completely bend down to touch his toes, indicating that he had fully regained his hip flexibility and mobility. they all went to his house after rehab to have a celebratory dinner.

now, kaycee is massaging sean's leg again while they laugh and talk as it has become a part of their routine for every session.

"so um when do you think i'll start feeling again on my leg? i'm not losing hope but it's been a couple of months and although there is some tingling feeling, it still feels numb. as if it were asleep and it's slowly waking up."

"it's very unpredictable so there's no telling when it will exactly come back. but the fact that you're gaining strength and can feel the improvement is a good indicator that it will happen soon enough shamu." she lightly smiled at him with a gleaming look in her eyes.

he smiled at his nickname she gave him a couple of months ago. "whatever you say angel, i have no reason to doubt you." he winked at her and she blushed.

"so is serris back from her trip yet?"

"no, she comes back in 2 days. i'm actually jealous of her. it's been forever since i've been able to visit japan and she gets to go for a whole week. she better bring back some candy or something."

"oh i'm sure your time will co- you have a fly on your leg hold up." she slapped his leg.

"OW! take your ring off next time will you?"

she giggled. "i'm sorry i completely forg-" she widened her eyes and looked at him.

"it's okay i understand."

"sean."

"what?" he asked confused.

kaycee pinched his leg.

"OWW! what was that for?!"

"SEAN! YOU FELT THAT!"

"well duh-" sean stopped and gasped once he realized what she was talking about. "OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD." sean started to pinch his leg all over and he felt everything. every single thing. he had gotten feeling back in his leg.