Ch9

*** A few days before Christmas***

Me and Billy were snuggled up on the couch watching TV, when suddenly we heard a knock on the door I went to open the door, and to my shock and horror it was Billy's dad. I looked over at Billy and then back at his dad, I heard my dad coming down the stairs to see who it was.

My dad Gestured to me to go and sit on the couch, so I went over and sat next to Billy, my dad shut the door, and we heard yelling, all I could make out was my dad threatening to call the police if mr Hargrove didn't leave.

Billy was starting to get scared so he held my hand tightly and put his head down on my shoulder, I moved over as close as I could to him so that he felt safe. At this moment I didn't know what to do apart from just pray that everything was going to be okay and that Billys dad would go away Billy was starting to get scared so he held my hand tightly and put his head down on my shoulder, I moved over as close as I could to him so that he felt safe. At this moment I didn't know what to do apart from just pray that everything was going to be fine and that Billy's dad will go away.

A few minutes later my dad walked back in and slammed the door behind him. I heard a car start up and pull out of the driveway. Billy looked down at me, I could see he was scared.

Dad sat next to us on the couch. He told us that Billy's dad wanted Billy to come home for Christmas, me and dad both looked at Billy my dad said " this is your decision, if you feel safe to go home and go home, it will all be okay" Billy looked at me and then I'll get my dad and then back at me " I... Think that I'm gonna stay here for Christmas... I mean if you don't mind"
I looked up at him and smiled.