|C h a p t e r 1|

|How to Love the Enemy|

★Katie★

"I swear," I begin, my anger flowing through my fingertips and into the thick vines wrapped tightly around the two pranksters, "if I have to wake up to even one more of your pranks, I'm going to completely lose all sanity."

The two brothers both rolled their eyes in sync; they had both gave up on escaping the tight grip the plant had on them long ago, instead, continuing on hanging upside down through my daily lecture.

Another day. Another prank. Another hour of Katie screaming at the Stoll brothers.

Of course, now one of them is my boyfriend.

...

"Travis," I half whine, "your my boyfriend, you should be giving me flowers, not stealing mine and replacing them with plastic ones." I pout.

He attempts at giving me a guilty look, but even hanging upside down I can see the sly smirk hidden on his face. Jerk.

Completely infuriated and frustrated, I spin on my heel and walk in the opposite direction. But, the plants must have dropped when I left, because it wasn't long before I heard footsteps coming from behind me.

"Kates!" Travis calls to me. My boyfriend grabs my arm and turns me around, cupping his hands around my face and tilting my head up, so that I have no choice but to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry about pranking you and taking your flowers. Forgive me?"

He tilts his head to the side, jutting out his bottom lip and making his blue eyes look innocent and young.

Crap.

Unfortunately, I have a weakness for those eyes, so it was no suprise that I found myself starting to give in.

"Don't look at me like that!" I try to turn away, but he still has his two hands gripping my face. "Travis!"

It's no surprise that Travis picks up on this and takes advantage of it. "What? Like this?" He starts giving me his sad puppy eyes that I always end up surrendering to.

Leaning in closer, he rests his head against mine and continues to stare at me with those beautiful blue gems of his.

"Babe, I'm sorry." He spoke sincerely, "Do you forgive me?"

The close proximity between us mixed with the word "babe" was giving me butterflies in my stomach and sent my heart into a frenzy.

Travis and I have only been dating for about a week now, but so far everything has been surreal. Although, I never imagined that I would be dating my sworn enemy, I couldn't be happier. Even to me, it's strange that I can now call Travis my boyfriend.

Travis was still staring at me with pleading eyes, but I decided to be my immature and childish self, and chose to ignore him. Wow, I'm such a great girlfriend.

"Kate's?" I turned my body away from him.

I could still feel his eyes on me, watching me with interest and amusement, but I continued to ignore his existence.

"Katie" *poke* "Katie" *poke* "Katie" *poke*

He nagged me over and over again, to the point where I was ready to karate chop his finger off and toss it in the campfire.