= 1 =

josh rolled over the other way on his bed, staring in frustration at the book in his hands. he had heavily regretted taking english literature as one of his a' level options ever since the start of the year. it's not like he was bad at english, he got an A for it in his GSCEs, he just hated reading. he could never focus on the words, and most books seemed dull to him.

"ugh!" he was already so fed up and he'd only read 4 pages. he chucked the book onto the floor and turned to face away from it. out of sight, out of mind, right? yeah right, he wished.

josh started up his laptop and opened discord. george had always been really good at reading. he had an entire bookshelf full of books he's read. maybe he could help him? josh impatiently tapped his finger on this laptop mouse as discord loaded.

-

joshythemans: hey can u come over and help me with english lit hw

georgieworgie: wht is it ?

joshythemans: reading 2 more chpters of the book. can't focus at all. can u pls come over?

georgieworgie: be over in 5 x

joshythemans: tyty

seen

-

about 10 minutes later, josh heard a knock on the door. he rushed down the stairs and opened the door to see george, his long, dark brown hair slightly messy and holding a coffee in his hand. he followed josh into his room and flopped onto his bed.
"so what did you need help with?" george sat up, his legs crossed. he was playing with the ends of his sleeves on his black hoodie.

"so you know how you're a big book freak?" josh mocked,
"someone who isn't thick like you, yes," he retaliated, making josh chuckle.
"how do you.... y'know... focus?"
george looked around the room before answering,
"well for starters, turn the xbox off!" josh frowned and obeyed, turning the off button on the console. "right, now read." george commanded, watching josh's expression as he read. "no matter what you do, don't look away." josh's face looked more and more annoyed with every second.

"ugh, i cant be bothered!" he burst out, throwing the book to the other side of the bed.
"listen, let me just read it to you." george smiled at the idea of him having to read something to josh.

george took the book and opened it from the beginning of the chapter. the two boys leaned against the headboard of josh's bed. george started reading, and josh listened intently. god, he loved that voice. it was so relaxing, he could listen to his talk for hours, it gave him such a fuzzy feeling inside, like he was.... safe?

george had been reading for about 5 minutes before josh leaned on his shoulder. then george put his arm around josh. and before they knew it, they were wrapped in the blanket, josh asleep in george's warm embrace. he smiled to himself and snuggled up to the sleeping boy, before shutting his eyes himself.

"he's never gonna pass his A' levels"