Little Moments that Matter

I know it sounds crazy, but I love days that are painfully busy. Days that are just go, go, go, no time to rest. I guess it's because I've spent so much time being sad and doing nothing, I love having days that are just insane. And that's how the last 4 days had been. The boys had promo after promo, interview after interview, and concert after concert, and, except for my shopping day with Eleanor, I'd been doing it all with them. We were in a different state everyday, and everything happened so fast. It was all nonstop. Is this what the boys do all month for the whole tour? It's exhausting. But, we all had so much fun with it that we were never cranky. I was impressed with the boys, they worked so hard. I was worn out from doing three days of their schedule, they had to do it all the time.

I was backstage at one of the shows in Missouri. The boys were all in the middle of a soundcheck, and I was in the room where they're supposed to relax before the show. What most people don't realize, though, is that there is no relaxing for them. Ever.

Olly had just finished going over his set list, and he, Eleanor, Andy, and I were all hanging out, sprawled out over couches and doing absolutely nothing.

"I'm so tired," Eleanor, who by the way, had become one of my dearest friends, groaned.

"I am too," Andy agreed with closed eyes, hands folded across his chest.

"Me too," I added on, "I love it, though."

Eleanor had shut her eyes, but she smiled, "Me too."

"I don't know about you guys, but I need to get pumped up for the show." Olly joined in the conversation with a chipper tone in his voice. One thing I learned about Olly Murs? He's always, always happy.

"How?" I asked.

"I don't know." He admitted while getting up from the couch and straightening his black V-neck shirt. "Let's dance."

"Uhm, you guys can dance. I'll go to sleep." Andy chuckled, rolling over on his side and burying his face in the yellow couch pillows.

Olly strides over to a speaker resting on a wooden table in the corner, pulls an iPhone out of his pocket, and plugged it in. I got off of the couch, as did Eleanor, and Olly turned on some music.

It didn't take long to recognize the song. The familiar beat of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together blared through the speakers, and we all bursted out in fits of laughter when we saw Olly start to dance. He was spinning, twerking, and doing every single dance move known to man. Pretty soon, the rest of us gave in and we were jumping around, laughing, spinning, making up new moves and trying out each other's. Andy was the only one on the couch, and he pulled out a phone and started to video tape us. We didn't care, though, we were caught up in the music and being silly. We took turns getting up in Andy's camera, flipping our hair around and sticking our tongues out. 

When the song ended, we just turned on another one. And then another one, and another one. We probably spent 45 minutes just purely dancing and having the time of our lives. When the song One More Night by Maroon 5 went off, we all collapsed on the couch, laughing and breathing heavily.

"Now I'm not going to have enough energy to perform," Olly chuckled in-between breaths.