Chapter seventeen

"I am so tired, Francis do you mind going to the store to get me-." Arthur finally turned around from the door to look at me. "Hi...." I said nervously as he looked at the food in my hand. I had got him some shepherd's pie, well that is what the internet called it. " cottage pie.... how did you know I would be hungry?" He laughed closing the door behind himself. "I did not know, but I had hoped." I smiled still nervously. "I see," he looked at me suspiciously as he walked to look at the food in my hand. "You have been acting strange lately.... what is that about?" He asked sticking a finger in the food and tasting it.

"Really? I just thought maybe I should do something nice for you since we are friends," I added taking out a utensil for him to use. "Hmm, okay then, let's eat" he took the food and sat on the floor. I was patting to a spot next to him. "Don't mind if I do," I smiled sitting down beside him. I got him a brownie from a traditional English folklore story I read up on. I am sure he will like it.

"This is good. Did you make this?" He asked surprised, and I nodded. I had used the dorm's kitchen. "You know, my brother used to make this dish all the time for me as a child, brings back good memories," he smiled taking another bite. SCORE!!! That is a good sign. "Really?!" I smiled excitedly as he looked fond of the memories. "However, my brother is a dick to me now, and he hates me," he added making me stop smiling. Gosh, darn it!!! I thought it was good, now am I making him remember bad memories?

"Oh come on I am kidding; this was a very nice gesture," he added, smiling. God, he almost gave me a heart attack. As we ate the food, I began to fiddle in my spot, not knowing what to do now. I need to get the gift! "Hey, I have something for you" I looked at him nervously. "Really? Why would you do that?" He asked, confused as I slid over to my bed to reach under. "Because I really-..."I stopped myself, I need to work up to it!!! I can't screw up. "You really What?" He asked, confused.

"I think you are great," I nodded. Nice save, Francis! "Oh really?" He looked at me, struggling to get the present. "HERE for you..." I said nervously, holding up the brownie stuffed animal. "Francis, you did not have to," he smiled as I handed him the little elf-looking thing. "But I wanted to," I sat up straight, looking at him. How do I go on? How do I even tell him or hint to him about how I feel? Wait!!!! I might know a way.
"Say, Arthur, do you like anyone?"
"Yes."
"What? Really?" I was shocked that he said it so quickly.

"Do you?" He looked at me intensely as I nodded slowly. "I do, but... I have no idea how they feel about me," I explained, and he nodded, looking away. Did I say something wrong? Oh no..... "See, I had been feeling a certain way toward them for some time, and recently I finally realized how I felt..... so I thought maybe I would try and tell them," I looked at him, smiling a bit. He blinked at me and stood up quickly, handing me his plate. "Where are you going?" I asked, confused.

Oh no! I made him uncomfortable; was it too fast? "I think I should leave," he said putting his head down. "Wait! Why?" I said sadly, grabbing his hand quickly. He turned to look at me quickly, and I let go. "Sorry, I was just-." I started, but he cut me off. "Why do you do this?" He yelled, making me jump. "What? What did I do?" I asked, scared. Oh no..... I will really taste rejection right now, and I am really not prepared.

"You do all these things for me, yet you talk about someone else; that is not fair!! Why do I get treated as just a friend? Is there something wrong with me? What is it, huh!!!?" He yelled, making my eyes widen. Wait a minute..... "Arthur I-." He cut me off. "No, let me speak! You are always flirting with me and acting a certain way, but you still call me your friend. I do not understand, are you trying to play with my feelings? Am I really not good enough to receive your true affection?" He glared at me, breathing hard as his face turned red. I could not believe what I was hearing.

"Arthur.... do you have feelings for me?" I asked as my jaw dropped almost to the ground. "I thought that would have been obvious by now, but no matter what I did, you never seemed to notice me" he shook his head and turned at me. I have no idea what to do; Antonio did not prepare me for this scenario. "I am going," he spat, turning around.

"NO, WAIT!!" I yelled, grabbing his hand and pulling him down to the floor. "Arthur, it was you; it has always been you; I have always been in love with you. I just did not know how you felt. Please do not be mad. I was .... confused," I held him close to my chest as I finally confessed. "What?" He asked, shocked.

"You liked me? But I was such a dick to you," he said seriously, making me laugh. "I thought it was cute. The other day when I kissed your cheek was when I almost told you, but I stopped myself... I did not want to make you uncomfortable," I explained, looking down. Arthur finally turned to me and held his soft hands up my cheek. "Arthur, I had always loved you...even when you told me to die," I laughed, making him roll his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far. The next chapter should be the last one .... tbh

Also if you follow my insta, you might have seen some rough stuff going on about the details in the book. Sorry about that, the comments are still there on the first chapter ... and I will leave them there honestly.... I do not have time to delete all of that stuff.

Anyway, thanks for reading, I will try and finish the book today since I will be going on another trip tomorrow. How exciting ❤️❤️❤️😉😉😭😭❤️❤️❤️