Four.

-Ricky and Caleb- 

"Matthew?"

"Here." A student from the back of the classroom responded.

"Jennifer?"

"Present." One of those girls from the bus called.

The principal had set me up with a schedule, along with giving me some advice I didn't care about. It was only fourth period on the second day, and I was already bored with this place. Wow. "Casey?"

"Yo."

The whole class gave me various looks, turning around once they realized that I'd give looks right back.

"Young lady," the teacher snapped, "I realize you are new here. I don't know where exactly you came from, but over here, we do not say 'yo'. We either say 'here', or 'present'."

I laughed, leaning back into my seat.

"Just get to teaching, alright?" I said, smirk on my face, "That's what your getting paid for."

The teacher, a woman, looked at me for a moment, with a hint of disbelief, and then turned around and write down what we were learning. She was older, and by the way she spoke when teaching, I figured she was a horribly boring person. Poor lady had no idea what was in store for her. I tried to pay attention, but suddenly found myself doodling on a note-empty page. She then droned on about solving five math problems she had written on the board. I looked up, hoping to at least look like I was paying attention, but she wasn't there. And I suddenly noticed the class looking at me. 

"Casey, please answer number one for us," she snapped, "because you've obviously been paying attention."

"You know I haven't," I stated bluntly, "your voice was annoying me." 

"See me after class," she said. Second time I'm getting a private talk from someone, on only the first day. I was on a roll.

After she had talked to me (the whole "You need to improve your attitude, don't get off to a bad start" bit) I had lunch. I was hoping to go early, and find an empty table to sit at, but of course, the math teacher had to ruin that plan. 

"Hey!" 

I turned around to see a guy from math class. He had dark hair, mostly covered by the beanie he was wearing. Showed that not all of the people in this town had a sense of style that you had to shit money to manage. He came towards me, grin on his face.

"What you did back there? With Mrs.Easton? That was amazing! You deserve a medal for that!" 

"Ha, thanks," I said, managing a small smile. "Hey, what do you have next?" he asked. 

"Lunch." 

"Me too. You can sit at my table, if ya want." 

He wasn't like the others. He wasn't a fish in a tank. Everyone has a story, yes, but sometimes, its hard not to judge people when you've already seen so much of the same thing.

"I'm Caleb, by the way," Caleb said, once we got our food, "The quiet kid is Ricky, and...." he stopped at the table before sitting down. "Hey, where's Drew?"

My head snapped towards the boy, Caleb, and his conversation between another kid with strawberry blonde hair. By what Caleb had told me, this was Ricky.

Drew was here.

"Drew? Drew who?" 

I realized it was me who had asked the question when both of the boys turned towards me. "Oh, you know him?" Ricky asked.

I hadn't seen the boy in two years, since I left without a trace. I may have remembered him, more than almost anything, but he probably didn't remember me. My father taught me that I was pretty easy to forget. And even if he did remember me, that would hold me back, from running. I don't need things holding me back. Maybe Drew changed, and is a rich prick like basically everyone else around here. Or maybe its a completely different Drew, someone I don't know. He isn't the only person in the world with that name. Maybe I'm just overthinking, and obsessing. Probably.

"No," I said, Caleb and Ricky still waiting for an answer, "Probably not."