Chapter 9

I run. I run as fast as I can. Away from the police. Away from her. Suddenly, everything felt like it was in slow motion. I felt a strange sharp pain in my leg. As I look down I see that there is a hole and blood. It was rushing out. When looking back at her, I see Alyssa handcuffed to a pole next to a boat. Tears are running down her face and she screams my name. Officers are rushing at me and I hear clicks and feel the cold metal on my wrists. They didn't have to shoot me. I let go of the gun. It wasn't even close to me. They pick me up and lead me to the back of the car. As I walk, I see Alyssa crying with handcuffs on. She laying against a pole and Teri looked at me like I was a piece of shit. Detective Eunice was just coming out of the trailer with a bag of ice on her head.

"James, what in the hell were you thinking"

I really did want to take her deal. Me and Alyssa could have gotten off easy. Now, we're both caught and I have no clue what to say to my dad. He obviously found out about Clive but that was it.

"Is Alyssa ok?" My hands were shaking as I asked. Detective Eunice walked over and said that Alyssa was fine. "James, why did you kill Clive," she asked and all she received was silence. "Can we please do this somewhere else."

We drove a little over an hour to the police station. When we got there, all I saw was a crowd of people. Lights were flashing and I couldn't see a single face. One of the officers took me to an interrogation room and to my surprise, Alyssa was there. Teri was pissed off. I could tell by the look on her face.

"The two of you are in huge trouble" Yep, Teri was pissed. "That son of a bitch tried to rape me" Alyssa yelled at the top of her lungs. "I want a phone call" I knew exactly who to call.
——————————————–