{12} - Hello

"Hi." 

"How's it going?" Flynn replied, smiling shyly at Laylah. She grinned back, and she felt the uneasiness that had been plaguing her all evening completely disintegrate. She stopped shaking from nerves, and she no longer felt the need to rub her hands over the goosebumps that covered her arms. 

"Uhh... Really confused, and yet, really excited..." she said, quickly looking Flynn up and down. He kept moving his arms, as though highly concerned as to where and how they were hanging. She had to admit though, he was so adorable. Close-cropped, dark brown hair framed his face, the ends dyed a light lavender. Laylah never thought she'd be thinking about how cute someone with dyed hair looked, ever. 

"I like your hair," she told him, gesturing at it and taking a step closer to him. He smiled brightly at the compliment and lifted his hand up to run it through his hair. 

"Really? I was thinking of getting it dyed back to brown... Can I get your opinion?" he asked, his face lighting up. "Oh, and your hair is gorgeous by the way." 

"Thanks, Marianne did it," Laylah grinned, flipping a huge curl back over her shoulder, "But yeah, definitely keep the purple hair." 

"Marianne keeps telling me it makes me look like an emo," he smiled back, finally putting his hands in his pockets and rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. Laylah had to bring her hand up to her mouth, stifling a giggle. 

"So... I do look like an emo, then," he said, eyes widening. "Oh god, I knew I shouldn't have gotten purple. Even my sister told me it should have been blue, but I told her pur-"

"No no no," Laylah laughed, "it's cute, I promise. Not emo at all."

"So emos aren't cute?" cried an indignant Marianne, who Laylah had momentarily forgotten was standing right next to them. She had also momentarily forgotten that Keira was a self proclaimed 'hard-core emo' herself, always boasting about the perfection that was the wing of her eyeliner and streaks of colour in her hair that she changed on the first day of every month.

"That's not what I meant!" Laylah chuckled, "Keira is a doll, you know I think that." 

Marianne eyed her suspiciously, slowly folding her arms. "Don't go getting any ideas, okay, Laylah?"

Flynn snorted beside her while Laylah shook her head. "She's all yours, don't worry, Mari."  

Marianne nodded in thanks and smiled at her, the grin growing wider the longer they looked at one another. 

"Anyway!" Laylah declared, clapping her hands together and turning back to face Flynn. "You wanna come step away for a minute with me? My bedroom is pretty quiet, if you want to go there." 

"Uh, sure," he replied, resuming his rocking on the balls of his feet. He smiled shyly at her and she beamed back. God, his awkwardness was so cute. 

"Well, follow me then," she said, gesturing with her head to the door just past the sea of people 'partying it up' in the living room before taking some careful steps in her favourite silver ballet flats out the kitchen. She held her arms crossed behind her back, almost skipping to her room. 

Flynn followed close behind, apologising hastily to the many people he accidentally bumped into on the way. Laylah giggled to herself as she reached her bedroom door and opened it for Flynn to go through. He smiled a thanks to her, and she felt heat creep across her face. 

Once they were both inside the room, she let out a low breath, and shut the door behind her.