A Hero Needs Pie

It is a cloudless, sunny day in Pure Heart Valley. The smell of something fresh and sweet was all over the air as the trio walked along the cobblestone path with their lanyards hanging around on all of their necks having a pinkish heart with the label of 'Security' on it. They carefully observe all of the booths currently being set up by the sweetie-pies. It was that annual event for them, a competition in fact. It was the 'Bestest Pie Contest'! Blueberry, Cherry, Pumpkin, there were so many different flavors to choose from but all are equally delicious. A baked sweet with the whip cream perfectly piled on top with the small chocolate chips on it making you taste excessive sugar just by looking at it 

"Badgerclops, focus!"

"Huh? What?", the robotic-arm badger shook out of the food daze and looked over to his black feline partner with their/his little blue bat daughter/deputy, "I know I said keep an eye on the pies, but not in that way. We have to keep focus and keep everyone here safe", Mao Mao scolded to which Badgerclops just groaned in response. "Mao Mao, I know that you're on edge right now of being a 'hero', but can you just relax a bit? It's just the sweetie-pies and, you know, they're just sweetie pies", Badgerclops said, "Exactly! When something bad happens then they can't be able to defend themselves which leaves all of us to save them!", Mao Mao concluded as his green eyes slowly observed the area. "Dude, seriously! Just chill", Badgerclops stated, "Hey! Watch with that attitude, young man! I'm protecting you from a painful gagging stomach ache in the evening", Mao Mao scolded at the badger. "I'm literally older than you, so I can act in an attitude whenever I want! Also, I won't get a stomach ache", Badgerclops stated, "Not while being with me you will act like that, and don't you dare talk back to me!", Mao Mao stated back. "What's your excuse when you act that way to me? Huh. Any excuses there?", Badgerclops asked.

The two continued to argue with one another, both being childish, until Adorabat called a stop on it. "Guys, stop! The king is approaching!", Adorabat said which had the two stop arguing seeing King Snugglemagne come near with his servant named Quinton. "Good morning there, your majesty", Mao Mao formerly greeted him, "Good morning to you too, Sheriff. I hope everything so far looks alright", said King Snugglemagne. "We have checked the perimeters in Sparkle Avenue, Rainbow Street, and Smiley Avenue. All look so far good and nothing seems out of the ordinary", Mao Mao explained, "That's good. This contest is more risky with fresh pies in the air. Especially when there is no longer a protective barrier around the town. Mao Mao slightly froze on that comment but continued on listening to the King, "This contest always have me worry for getting some pies stains on my mane, but as the only judge I have to do my part for my peasan- I mean citizens", the lion king stated, "Anyway, keep up with scanning all perimeters. If there is any suspicious then find and alert me immediately, but only if it goes against the guidelines otherwise you'll be wasting my precious time. I'll be walking around the first booths in Sunny Street then just go down to the rest in numerical order". "Will do, your majesty", Mao Mao said before the King with his servant walked away.

"Heard what the king said, guys? We have to keep a close eye on everything. Remember, Badgerclops, those samples are for the king to taste only to be able to decide who would win. Understand?", Mao Mao said, "Yeah, yeah. I understand", Badgerclops said as he crossed his arms. "Hey, guys. Since the judging of the pies is gonna start soon and that we barely checked one-third of the streets, we need to seperate to cover more ground and make sure everything is safe", Adorabat explained, "That's a great idea. Badgerclops, I trust that you won't try to eat more pies. I repeat. They're for the king, not for you. Got it?". "I got it already. Geesh", Badgerclops said as he rolled his eye, "I'll explore the East side while you and Adorabat explore the West side", Badgerclops said before Mao Mao nodded with the badger and black cat going their separate ways to patrol.

He's eating some pie right now, isn't he?". "Yup!"

The father feline and bat daughter observed around quietly before Adorabat screamed out. "Mao Mao! Sky Pirates!", Adorabat immediately alerted Mao Mao, "The Sky Pirates?!", Mao Mao questioned as he saw the evil pirate group having their own booth for their own pie. "Let's beat them up before they do any harm to the town", Adorabat said before immediately flying in full force as Mao Mao ran after her as got his katana ready to slice. "Ooo! The crust is perfec- What's that yelling?", Orangusnake said then gasped seeing the two heroes charge forward them, "Get ready to taste a slice of defeat!", Mao Mao immediately jumped then hurdled down with his katana pointed straight to the pirate leader's face with Adorabat on the side with bombs ready to throw. The country ostrich immediately shot a net to the two, trapping both as they landed on the concrete, "Woah there, Sheriff. Best be careful on our pie turf", Boss Hosstrich stated in his normal country accent, "Yeah! We're baking to compete over here!", Ratarang stated.