Chapter 2: Turmoil

(LionHearts POV) I hear a yell,"NIGHTSONG!" I jump up and run to the Medicine Cat den, Feeling DeadClaw right on my paws, I see NightSong on the ground and my face pales, "What happened?" I demand out of GoldHeart,She just shakes her head and turns her head to the poppy seeds, I run over to NightSong and lick her face, "DeadClaw! Get some herbs now!" I yell, My eyes clouded by water, She can't be dead, It's not possible.

Snowstar looks at Rainpelt, dragging her to the medicen cats den "she tried to attack me and I jumped on her and she was launching herself at my den when I was on her then I jumped on one of the stone dens from her back and she hit the floor" she meowed, crying. Rainpelt stands up "you.. rescued me but, that does not mean I FORGIVE YOU!" Rainpelt screams, biting Snowstars neck. "AHH!" Snowstar screams. Snowstorm kicked Rainpelt.

Rainpelt meows "well..you wont pick a deputy if you are dead" Snowstar's eyes glow. Rainpelt launches herself at Snowstars head. Snowstar bites rainpelts pelt. she swings rainpelt and throws her at the floor. Rainpelt stands up. weak but does not stop the fight. she tries to get on Snowstar. 

Snowstar changes her mind and appoints Lightheart, hoping to calm things down.

'Lightheart dipped her head. "I proudly accept being deputy of this clan." 

Snowstar looks at lightheart. "ok" she meows.

Goldheart looked back from Nightsong and blocked Deadclaw with her tail. "poppy seeds cant kill. She'll survive. She's just sleeping." 

Treesap sat with Gingerspeck in the nursery, grooming her and purring. "I'm so glad this day finally came... we'll have beautiful kits, my love." Treesap purred. Gingerspeck licked him on the cheek and groomed her messy chest fur. Treesap padded out and noticed the big amount of cats in the medicine cat den. He ignored it and went hunting. Goldheart beckoned Lionheart and Deadclaw out. "Giver her some breathing space, will you?"

Soulkit felt a bad feeling in her throat. "help!" she cried, coughing out blood. she was choking

snowstar heared soulkits cries. she looked at the distance from the high rock to her kit. tigerkit was in the leaders den, resting. snowstar meowed "I have to save my kit.." she leaps off the high rock, not hurt. she tries to help soulkit but soulkits face turns a bit red. snowstar grabs soulkit by the scruff and runs toward the medicine cats den. she puts down soulkit. "soulkit is not breathing" she meows

A cat watches from a far, watching and waiting, he knows that this camp is where the second to last of the traveling clan's members died only a little while ago, his white fur was pure, but his eyes... were the eyes of void, for no light could be seen within them. a black, endless void. A smaller cat, with pure black fur stood by his side, this cat had been with him before the clan, and had never joined... but this cat struck more fear into the hearts of many cats, then his older brother, for his eyes were the color of his brother's fur just as his brothers eyes where the color of the younger brother's fur. Both stood looking down at the camp, knowing full well what they needed to do, and for the first time in their lives, they split away from each-other, the younger brother left to go to the clan known as shadeclan and the older brother withdrew into the shadows and waited.

Goldheart pressed hard on Soulkit's belly and neck, but felt nothing. Her eyes widened. She stepped back, her ears drooping. "There's nothing I can do." She said. " Not every kit can be saved... not even herbs can help her right now."

Lightheart tipped her head at Snowstar "but why me? I am expecting kits and they could come at 3-6 moons. Are you sure?"

Treesap came back shortly with two rabbits. He was all about caring for the clan, and for Gingerspeck. He dropped off one rabbit in the fresh kill pile and gave one to Gingerspeck.