25- Jerk

Chapter 25:

I was sitting in my room with Kylie and Zoe. It had been awhile since the three of us got together to catch up with everything going on, so we sat in a circle on my bed and talked. Zoe told Kylie about the incident with Calum and she was about to tell us what they decided.

She fumbled with her fingers, "We talked about things for a really long time. We decided that we're better off as friends."

"What?" Kylie gaped.

"You both decided that?" I asked.

"Well," Zoe sighed, "I guess I decided it. I ended up having to leave and go home because I couldn't stand to see him so upset."

I was expecting the exact opposite of what she told us. I needed a better explanation so I asked her about it. "But you were trying to forgive him, right?"

"I was." she answered, "I just don't think it's worth it. Let's face it, they're leaving soon and who knows if he'll mess up once he goes on tour again."

Kylie shook her head, "Zoe, you've gotta have more faith in him. I can't even begin to count the number of times he's come to me practically in tears because he loves you so much."

"It's hard to explain because it hasn't happened to you guys. Everybody on twitter started these ridiculous rumors about Calum with other people, but when he confirmed them it was like a slap in the face. Thousands of people started drama about our relationship and then when it turned out to be true, none of it was private. Everybody all over the internet knew what he did before I knew it myself."

"Zoe, I'm so sorry." I said.

"Maybe things will change when they get back." Zoe told us. She kept her focus on her hands, not looking up at either of us.

"But-" Kylie said.

"Guys," Zoe cut her off, "Calum and I are going to stay good friends. It's going to be perfectly okay."

It was clear to us that Zoe was trying to convince herself. She added a fake smile at the end when she looked up at us. Kylie and I frowned and pulled her into a tight hug. I heard my door creak open while we hugged her, but the person at the door didn't say anything.

I pulled away and looked towards whoever was there. Luke was standing at my door doing that weird thing with his feet that he did when he was nervous or uncomfortable. He never seemed to notice it himself but everybody else did.

"Should I come back later?" he asked.

We all looked to Zoe. She shook her head, "No, it's fine. We were just talking about stuff."

He sat on my bed the same way I was. His legs were crossed and his knee overlapped mine. He started out with his hands in his lap until his left hand ended up resting over my thigh.

"Practice just ended and I was coming to see how you were doing." he said to Zoe.

"I'm fine," she smiled again. "You guys are going on tour soon and I think it would be too much for both of us to get back together and have him leave again."

Luke scratched the back of his neck, "You guys talk about us leaving as if we're not coming back. We will come back," he turned to look at me, "Always."

I put my hand over his and rested my head on his shoulder, "I think she means that nothing is guaranteed to stay the same."

"Some things are," he argued. "Zoe, Calum will still love you. Kylie, Ashton will still be completely in love with you." He rubbed his thumb over my knee, "I'll still love you, B."