The Death Eater's choice

Welcome to the final part of the story which I have been writing on in over a year! Hope you enjoy it

-----------ooOoWoOoo-----------

Harry had no idea about what to do now. The Death Eaters where fleeing all around him while the Hogwarts students were attacking again with such an energy that it was hard to believe that the war had been going on for hours. Suddenly the flock of Centaurs where storming out of the woods sending arrows towards the Death Eaters. All Hogwarts house elfs came running out the castle with kitchen knives and screamed like crazy. Harry pulled the invisible cloak closer around him. He was scanning the scene for his friends. He saw Luna and Hermione fighting against a Death Eater with a scarred face. He saw Professor McGonagall fighting against Augustus Rookwood and Kingsley Shacklebolt and Arthur Weasley fighting agasint Corban Yaxley.

Harry froze when he saw the familiar blond hair and the skinny body wriggle on the ground, on the other side of the court yard. One of the Death Eaters was standing over him with his wand pointed down at Draco Malfoy while the Crucio curse was burning in the pale boy. Harry started to run towards him. His heart razed in his chest. He had just been laying on the ground, pretending to be dead before, while hearing the boy he loved, get tortured. He couldn't stand and watch again. He wanted Draco away, to safety. He stopped when someone else pushed the Death Eater aside and cursed him. Ron Weasley took Draco's hand and pulled him up. The red haired gave the Slytherin a small nod before storming into the castle where the fight was starting to move into. Harry casted a glance at Draco. The boy was trying to get rid of his parents to get out and fight. It was clear that Lucius and Nacissa wanted to get him away. Harry almost hoped that Draco would go with them. Get away from the danger. He wanted to go over and kiss him and apologize for what he had put him through, but instead he followed everyone else into the castle. He had a Dark Lord to kill.

------Time Skip-----------

Harry looked down at the now limb body of Lord Voldemort. He felt numb and tired. He could feel his friends clap him on his back and hear them cheering around him, but he couldn't be a part of it. He tried to smile while looking around. His eyes searching for some specific people. He finally saw Draco standing over at one of the walls. He looked tired and broken. His mother was hugging him tightly while Lucius looked at them with tears in his eyes. Harry wanted to be the one to hug the pale boy, but he forced himself to look away and find the two other people he wanted to be with. He saw Luna and Neville hugging each other close by and the rest of the Weasley family. George sitting with sorrow painted on his face. But he couldn't see his two best friends anywhere. He turned around a saw them standing behind him. Ron and Hermione both smiled and pulled him in for a hug. Everyone else moved away and went to find their own friends and family members. "You did it" Hermione whispered into the hug.

"We did it" Harry corrected it.

They pulled apart and looked at each other. Harry could see the mixed feelings in his friend's eyes. The sorrow and relief he also felt was battling inside of him. "Come" Ron said and the three of them walked out the Great Hall sat down on the staircase outside.

They looked at the bricks that were sprawled around.

"You have a lot of explaining to do!" Ron said after a couple of minutes in silence.

Harry nodded. His eyes were heavy from lack of sleep, but he owed his friends this. He told them everything about what he had seen in the Pensive and what had happened in the forest.

Hermione had tears in her eyes when he was done and Ron looked shocked. "Bloody hell" he whispered and looked away.

"That was so brave" Hermione said truthfully.