Chapter 9- So Cold

Chapter 9: So Cold

I was in Alaric's classroom the next day, trying to get through till the end of the day. 

"Ryan, will you please answer the question." Alaric said. 

"VAMPIRES!" I screamed. Everyone in the classroom stared at me like I  was crazy, even Alaric did! 

"I'm afraid there wasn't any vampires in 9/11, but that doesn't mean they don't exist." He sighed. Haha, I wonder what would of happened if Stefan was here. 

"Exactly." I smirked. He rolled his eyes and continued talking about 9/11. 

"Nice one Ryan." Caroline whispered from behind me. I grinned over my shoulder at her and zoned out again. I can't believe I actually thought Elijah was a good guy, at least he wants Klaus dead. He didn't lie to us, he does want Klaus dead like we do, he just never said Elena would die too. 

The bell rang, cutting off my rambling thoughts. I started to stand up to leave when Alaric told me to stay after class. We waited for everyone to leave and then he came over to my desk. 

"I would appreciate it if my own daughter would pay attention in class." He told me. 

"I just have stuff on my mind." I shrugged. He gave me the 'I know what stuff' and then 'you have to get over it' looks. I rolled my eyes and stood up, but he stopped me again. 

"Stay home tonight." He warned me. 

"What's going to happen?" I asked in a low tone. He shook his head and ushered me out of his room. I huffed but walked away, I guess I'm walking home. After about 5 minutes of walking, a car pulled up along side of me, going at my speed. 

"Need a ride?" A voice questioned, a smirk clearly in it. 

"Sure." I smiled at Damon. I jumped inside his beast car and he drove off. 

"You shouldn't be walking home alone in this town." He told me. I faked glared at him but didn't say anything. 

"So, what are you and Alaric planning tonight?" I looked at him suspiciously. 

"What would make you think that?" He shot me a innocent smile. 

"Just please don't hurt any human." I sighed.

"Now why would I do that?" He chuckled. I smacked his arm, but a smile escaped my lips. We finally reached my house and I hopped out of his car. 

"Remember Damon, it's your head if anyone gets hurt!" I called over my shoulder. He laughed and then raced off, of course as fast as always. I sighed and went inside, greeted by emptiness. I closed my eyes for a second and went into the living room. I collapsed onto the couch and turned on the TV. I scrolled through the channels but barely anything was on. I finally just chose the news and went into the kitchen. I scanned the pantry, my eyes finally finding Alfredo noddles. I grinned and fixed them, now realizing how hungry I was. I sat down at the table and put some in my mouth, only to have my eyes widen. My mouth felt like it was on fire as I raced to the sink. I stuck my head under the sink and let the water into my mouth. Soon my mouth cooled down and I turned off the water. Wow, I seriously need to wait for it to cool down before I eat it. My phone then decided to go off and I looked at it to see I had received a text. It was from an unknown number and I opened it and it read: "Sorry about everything, my lady." Now if it wasn't for the 'my lady' part, I thought it would be just a random number. I knew right away it was Elijah and I quickly called the number. Sadly the phone was already disconnected, so I just shrugged it off. Well, I tried to shrug it off until what Alaric warned me earlier. Was he and Damon planning on doing something with Elijah? A bad feeling crept its way up me and I knew I had to check it out. I groaned since Alaric told me to stay home, but I seriously need to find out what's going on. Never leave me in the dark, I'll find it out sooner or later anyway. So now I'm driving a little too fast to the Salvatore's Boarding house. Damon and Alaric are so going to kill me when I get there, but they should of told me what they were going to do.