Rose Azure 12: Irritations

Rose woke up at her usual morning time and went through all her routines. As she was setting down for breakfast the morning post began to arrive and she saw two owls heading her way.

 As she was setting down for breakfast the morning post began to arrive and she saw two owls heading her way

      (Let's pretend that it's a mail not a broom)

The great hall was just now starting to fill up and everyone looked at the owls as they approached Rose, usually any mail Rose got came from her own owl. Rose raised her hand and the first owl gently landed on it. She lowered her hand carefully and transferred the owl to her knee then untied the letter. One she had untied the letter the owl flew off but not before gently cuffing her shoulder. The other owl landed and held out its leg for her to take the note. The first letter was from the school's nurse asking for her to visit so the nurse could make sure she was okay after the ordeal. She hid her annoyance. She was perfectly fine. The other note was from Hagrid. It was an invitation to have tea. She had no problem with him except for the fact he was treating her like an interesting creature. She saw how he watched her dinner. She would have liked to curse the note and send it back but knew her mother would be disappointed with her if she did. Then she thought about just setting it on fire but that wouldn't do either, that would be impolite. Wearily she took out a scrap of parchment and declined as politely as she had been taught. She raised her hand as she saw Ava come flying in. Ava landed on the proffered perch.

Ava could feel the irritation rolling off her owner and friend. She knew that this human was upsetting her human but her human wouldn't tell him off as she clearly longed to do; so she would have to take matters into her own claws.

Rose tied the message to Ava's leg.

Ava took flight and headed over to Hagrid.

Hagrid was surprised the girl had sent a reply. Ava landed in front of Hagrid and allowed him to untie the message. As soon as he had untied it she took flight. She winged back around until she was over his head. As she was over his head she dropped a present for him.

Rose watched with some confusion as Ava circled over Hagrid's head but her expression cleared up, a smile lit in her eyes as she watched her friend drop owl droppings on him. She couldn't be rude to Hagrid but that didn't mean Ava couldn't. she would have to make sure she gave Ava her thanks and a treat.

Hermione, Neville, and Ron came running over to Rose after they had finished breakfast.

"I just wanted to say thank you again Rose," Hermione began.

"Its fine Hermione," Rose said.

"Weren't you scared even a little," Neville asked amazed.

"No. he wouldn't hurt me, and he couldn't have hurt me. I wasn't in any danger," Rose answered patiently.

"I'm telling you its Snape," Ron said changing the subject.

________________________________________________