Where's Jake?

Light after light after light. That's all Amy saw.

The bold lights on top of the celling were scrolling past her as she was rushed to a hospital room. Her body screamed in pain, dying for medical attention and fast. But the only thing she really cared for was jake. She would give anything to get up and run for him. But her body was shut down and refused to move.

She couldn't see around as the thick white neck brace kept her head captive in one position, pointed upwards to the ceiling. Just watching multiple lights fly past her.

Her face felt so bruised and sore that she was afraid to blink. Even the slightest movement will make her cry in pain. Her leg was throbbing in agony and could feel it getting worse by the second.

She wanted this to end.

Amy wanted it to be a dream, or even a nightmare. But hope was lost and it was all too true. The pain was real, the panic was real.

The car crash was real.

"Ma'am are you still with us?" called one of the nurses.

Amy then realised that her bed came to a stop and she was finally in a room. She saw the nurse in front shining a small torch in her eyes.

"Pupils are dilating, she still in response." she said.

Amy wanted to speak but she couldn't find her voice. She tried hard but nothing came out. Only soft whispers.

"Do you remember your name?"

Why are they asking me this?

"Ma'am, can you remember your name?"

"A-Amy" she finally spoke, but in a crook tone. But relief rushed through her body that she can finally speak and can finally ask questions.

"Okay Amy, your gonna be okay. We are just going to move your right leg. It might hurt, okay?"

"Okay" she replied softly, waiting for the pain to arrive.

"on the count of three. We are going to move it up, okay?"

Amy gently nodded.

"Okay... One."

It's fine. I'll be fine.

"Two.."

Wait.. Where's jake?

"Three!"

"WAIT!" Amy yelled.

But it was too late. The nurse pushed her leg up and she screamed in pain, also to the fact she forced her body up hurting every little bone. Including her neck.

The screaming echoed,which made everyone panic in the room. Doctors came in and pushed her back down to calm her. But Amy groaned in pain.

"Make it stop! Make it stop!!" she cried.

"Amy I need you to calm down." said a male doctor, cleaning her dripping bruised leg and cuts around her. "Alright this will ease the pain"

He then pulled out a small needle and a small bottle of clear liquid, about 200mg. He pierced it in the bottle and pulled out all of the liquid drug into the small sharp object.

"Wait, what is that?" Amy asked. Feeling so confused and scared.

"It's called morphine. A pain killer in sense. So whatever your feeling now that's sending signals to your brain, blocks that. You may feel a bit drowsy but that's normal." he said, flicking the needle with his fingers while it being pointed upwards. "you'll feel a wee prick"