Moving Day

The song at the top really has nothing to do with the chapter but I really liked it and I think it's a cool song so check it out.

Edward's POV

"Emmett, Rose said grab her box of purses!" I yell to him from downstiars. "Got It!" He shouted back. I picked up two boxes and walked outside. Esme was standing on the porch hugging and kissing the girls. She's kind of been taking, us moving out, pretty hard. She says it's not gonna be easy living in this big house with just Carlisle.

"Mom come on you know you can visit whenever." I said putting the boxes in the trunk of my car. We had already piled up the U-Haul truck and Alice's car so we're putting the rest of the boxes in mine and Emmett's car.

"Edward you know how long of a drive it is from here to Seattle." Esme said placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled and grabbed her hand kissing the back of it. "Mother if that is a problem I will pick you up and bring you to our apartment." I told her smiling.

She smiled and hugged me,"I love you so much Edward." she said pulling away and kissing my cheek. I kissed her forehead,"As I love you mother." I told her. She smiled as Emmett and Jasper carried out the rest of the boxes and placed them in the back of Emmett's truck. We closed the trucks and we all turned back to the house we grew up in.

"I'm gonna miss this place." Emmett said throwing his arm around Rose's shoulder. She leaned into his side placing her hand on his stomach. Alice and Jasper shared glances and hugged Esme and Carlisle. Emmett, Rose, Bella and I joined the hug. We pulled away and stood back.

"You kids remember that this will always be your home. Visit whenever you want." Carlisle said pulling Esme closer to him. She nodded and smiled at us. I could see the slight sadness in her eyes as they glistened with tears. "Mother we're not leaving forever we'll always come back." I told her smiling. She nodded and smiled happily as well.

We all got into our cars and waved before driving away. Bella leaned her head back against the seat closing her eyes. I looked at the road ahead thinking. This was probably our last summer in Forks as high schoolers. After this we will most likely be going away to college. Emmett and Rose took a leave from college for a year cause they hadn't applied to any colleges, mostly cause they didn't know where they wanted to go.

Bella and I got plenty of letters from colleges all around the U.S. just like Alice, Jazz, Emmett, and Rose. We were just indecisive. We could go to Washington University so that we're closer to Esme and Carlisle. But in reality we all want to go to Dartmouth or Columbia University.

"Edward, what are you thinking about?" Bella asked looking at me. I briefly glanced at her. "I was thinking about the fact that this is our last summer as high schoolers or in Forks for that matter." I told her. She blinked and looked ahead. "Wow," she said breathlessly, "this is our last summer here isn't it?" she asked more to herself them me.

She hadn't spoken again after that so I left her to ponder over this.

~~~[][][][]~~~

We pulled up into our parking spots behind the apartment building with the U-Haul truck in the front. We got out and went to the front, each of us grabbing a box or two and carrying them up to our new apartments. I unlocked the door and walked inside looking around.

We had made trips a few days out of the week to set up furniture and things and also to check the place out and paint the rooms to our liking. I walked further in and set the box down by the couch. Bella followed after me placing her box down next to mine.

Her eyes seemed distant as if she weren't even here mentally. I grabbed her shoulders looking into her eyes. "Bella, love." I said to her holding her chin making her look at me. She blinked a few times before looking into my eyes. "What's got you so lost in thought love?" I asked her. She blinked again before sitting on the couch. I followed her sitting down as well.