As Long as You Love Me

•summary•

Ian and Mickey are old(er) and they go and see Franny (now 22) and her band play at a small venue in Chicago where she dedicates a song to them.
(The song is linked up top)
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

As they have grown older Mickey and Ian have softened up quite a bit. Sure, anyone could have guessed that Mickey Milkovich would be in pub in Chicago on a random Tuesday night, but would you have thought that he would be there with his husband, while they watch their niece play guitar for her band? No I didn't think so.

"Good evening everyone. We're the band Last Night's, Last Dance. We're going to play a mix of original songs and covers for you guys tonight. Hope you all enjoy" The lead singer of the band Franny is in, also known as Elliott said into his mic. He was a year or two older than Franny and there was definitely something going on between the two, but Franny would always deny it

You see Franny is typically a pretty open person. She's open about how she is bipolar, just like Ian and how she was extremely smart, but how being smart isn't what she wants to be known for. Which is exactly like her Uncle Lip. But sharing details about her love life is something she rarely ever does, which is something the rest of her family can't really say about themselves.

The band played a few songs, most of which Ian and Mickey didn't know because of the fact that this isn't really the kind of music that they listen to, but they enjoyed themselves anyway. Ian would try and sing along to songs he did recognize, but he would mostly mumble through the song, causing Mickey to laugh at how bad he was doing every single time he would screw up.

As the night was coming to a close Franny came up to her mic that she had been singing backing vocals into and spoke

"Since we are Last Night's, Last Dance, we always dedicate the last song of the night to someone in the crowd and the only rule is that they have to dance. No excuses, you have to get up on your feet and have a good time." She said that last part looking directly at Mickey, since she knew he wasn't really the dancing type. And Mickey caught on to what she was doing and started shacking his head no, but Franny just kept on talking

"So tonight I would like to dedicate the last song to my uncle's Ian and Mickey, who were nice enough to come out to the North Side to see me tonight. I don't think they know this song, but it has always made me think of them. So Uncle Ian get Uncle Mickey's ass up and dance with him before I do." She said with a slight chuckle in her voice towards the end.

"Here's our cover of 'As Long as You Love Me' by The Backstreet Boys." Franny said before she started picking at her guitar strings.

Ian stood up and got off the barstool he was sitting on and put his hand out towards Mickey, as if asking him to dance. Mickey agreed by taking Ian's hand, standing up, and rolling his eyes.

As they danced Mickey looked up to Ian and started singing the song to him.

"You know out of all the songs that they have played tonight, this is the last one I expected you to know." Ian said softly into Mickey's ear as they danced.

"Mandy used to listen to it all of the time and I always hated it, but I like this version better. The boyband one was terrible. This one is prettier and I'm happy right now, so that give is bonus points." Mickey replied with a smile as he got closer to Ian.

"I love this song, and I love you." Ian said to Mickey.

"I love you too." Mickey said as he kissed Ian. And after 13 years of marriage and nearly 27 years of being together, even if it was in and off in the early years. Kissing Ian in public was something Mickey was still getting used to.

679 words