- 20 -

A/N: I haven't written in a week and there's a dance today im scared okay u can read now

- Pisces -

"Alright! If you would lie right there, we'll be with you soon," the nurse says, a cheery smile on her face.

"Okay, thank you,"

I smile back and do as she says. Capricorn pulls up a chair and takes my hand. "I'm so happy," he says.

"I am too,"

About a half hour later, the gynecologist comes in. "Sorry, we're a little backed up today," she says as she sets up the ultrasound.

"No problem. We're just really excited,"

She nods. "That's great," a couple minutes later, she says, "I'm gonna pull your shirt up a little bit so I can put the gel on your stomach. It's gonna be a little cold. Do you know how far along you are?" She asks as she rolls up my shirt.

"I'm not sure. Maybe a few weeks? A month?"

She snaps her gloves on and applies the clear gel. It is cold like she said.

She turns the machine on and maneuvers the scope over my belly. She smiles and points to something on the screen.

"Looks like two months. We can tell the gender by now. Would you wanna know?"

"Yes," I say quickly.

"Whatever she wants,"

My heart races with excitement.

"It's a girl," the gynecologist says, smiling from ear to ear. I don't have time to be excited because her smile disappears.

She looks at the ultrasound closely.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Her arm looks bent a little. We'll have to run some scans, but there's no need to worry until there is, okay?" She smiles again, but this time, it's uneasy, "I'll send the radiologist in to do some scans in a bit,"

I look at Capricorn. "I'm scared,"

"It's okay. You heard her, no need to worry until there's something to be worried about,"

An hour later, we get the scans back. It's around the middle of the night. The doctor comes in holding them in her hand, a grim look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask, squeezing Capricorn's hand.

"It looks like your baby has Osteogenesis Imperfecta. It's a condition where her bones are brittle," she says.

"What does that mean exactly?" Cap asks. I tense up.

"Her bones break easily,"

"What does it mean exactly?" Capricorn says, anger flaring in his eyes.

"Your daughters bones are breaking inside the womb,"

I put my hands on my chest and gasp.

"What's the survival rate?" He asks. I wanna tell him to stop, but I can't speak.

She shakes her head and looks down, "We have yet to see a survivor,"

I gasp again, and begin sobbing uncontrollably. Capricorn stares ahead at the wall, clearly angry.

"I'm so sorry," she says.

"There's nothing you can do?" He asks.

She shakes her head solemnly.

"Get her out, please, please get her out, get her out please," I yell.

"I can't... We have to wait till she grows a little bit or else it's unsafe,"

"I mean you. Get out. Please. Get out now!"

"I'm so sorry," she says again before turning and leaving.