Chapter 122

Akko and Diana found a small party waiting for them at the red team’s room.

“What are you all doing here?” Akko asked, looking as Sucy, Jasminka and Constanze did their own thing inside the room. “Not that you’re not welcome, but we were gonna get ready for bed and…”

“The other two couples are having sex. And since you two share bed, I figured letting them stay here for the night was the right thing to do,” Sucy explained, clearly preparing to go to bed, as she was looking over a couple vials with her pajamas already on.

“Oh, so that’s why they had those spells in front of their doors,” Akko said, blushing slightly.

Diana squeezed her hand, as if trying to transmit her feelings through it. Akko thought she understood.

“Yes,” Sucy said. She turned around, looking the couple up and down. “If you’re gonna start having sex too, try to coordinate with the others to at least leave one room available. That or you can have us watching, I guess. Won’t judge you if that turns you on…”

“Sucy!” Akko said, burning red, looking apologetically at Diana.

But Diana was smiling at the joke. She simply shook her head as she stepped into the bathroom. She wouldn’t be able to go for her pajamas, so Akko would probably offer her one of the oversized t-shirts she sometimes used for that and be on with it.

Akko started to undress, uncaring of the eyes of the others, who clearly weren’t interested in her average body. Jasminka climbed on the bed above Akko’s, while Constanze used a stanbot to get to the one above Sucy’s. After putting on her pajamas, Akko sat, waiting for her girlfriend. The room was quiet, safe for the soft crunch of Jasminka’s snacks, and when Diana finally came out of the bathroom – in her underwear – Akko was entranced.

“Careful now, you wouldn’t want to eat an insect,” Sucy joked, and Akko realized her mouth had been open.

Diana nodded thankfully as Akko handed her a t-shirt.

Sucy was the last one to crawl into bed, and when everyone had stopped moving for a while, the lights went out. Jasminka stopped eating, Constanze stopped tinkering with her machines. Soon, everyone in the room was falling asleep. Akko yawned, nesting her head in Diana’s chest as she so much liked to do. Diana kissed Akko’s head a couple times, and warmth ran through her whole body.

Soon, Akko found herself weighed down by tiredness and her consciousness faded.

“That was absolutely incredible,” Akko said to Croix as they walked around a marbled corridor Akko didn’t recognize. “I don’t know if I would’ve made it past that curve before your modifications.”

“You probably wouldn’t,” Croix said, and Akko finally snapped into the realization that this was yet another dream.

“You still won’t tell me what it is, though,” Chariot playfully complained.

“I maximized the magic output, nothing weird,” Croix said, though Akko could see she was deflecting. That wasn’t exactly an answer. “In any case, let’s just get back to the rooms. I don’t like this place. It’s creepy.”

“It’s not that different from the Dragon, though.”

“It’s plenty different. This place is cold and lifeless. Rocks are… well, rocks. The Dragon is metal, metal is cool. It was forged by us, it was heated and shaped. It’s so much more interesting.”