Chapter Four

You woke up without opening your eyes. You wanted to sleep forever, you felt more rested, warm and comfortable than in a long time. You buried your head further into your pillow when you felt it take a deep breath and heard a hoarse chuckle, then you felt a hand brush through your hair. "Morning baby." Peter croaked. You tensed up.

Suddenly the memories of the previous day came rushing back. For some reason you thought that if you fell into headspace you would have no recollection when you fell out of it again, but that wasn't the case at all. You remembered crying, playing, the goodnight bottle, the...oh god, you remember the cold wipe that was ran over- 

"Hey, hey, hey, shh. What's wrong baby? Can you tell me?" Peter said as he sat up and held you tighter on his lap, he wiped some tears away with the pad of his thumb. When did you start crying? You just bit your lip and shook your head. You desperately wanted to run and hide but it was like you limbs had turned to jelly and all you could do was lay limp in Peter's arms.

"Shh, shh, it's okay." He cooed, it felt so comforting but that just made you more upset. A sob escaped your lips before you could stop it, he brought his hand back up to the back of your head and cradled you more as you cried into his shirt front. Everything was too much. Yesterday was one of the best days ever and it shouldn't have been. What Peter was doing now felt like one of the most comforting thing ever and shouldn't be. Your ass was wet and itchy, and that definitely shouldn't be. Everything that happened shouldn't have, and it did, and you loved it. That drove you to full on wails.

Peter continued to try and soothe you, but he stopped trying to shush you. You heard the occasional "It's okay sweetheart" and "Let it out". He never stopped rocking or stroking your head or back, you barely noticed when the door opened or Bruce asking if everything was okay or if he could get something to help. You felt Peter shake his head and heard the door close again, he resumed murmuring sweet nothings in your ear.

You don't know how much time had passed when you eventually ran out of tears, but still Peter didn't stop rocking or comforting you. He hummed your favourite song again until your breathing returned to normal before he finally pulled away so he could see you. When you looked into his dark brown eyes and you felt like crying again, but he just gave a soft smile and brushed the hair out of your face. "I don't think we're going to school today," your lip wobbled and he kissed your head. "It's okay baby, everything must feel too much right now. So today we're just gonna sit around and cuddle and play, okay?" You shook your head and he frowned, "B-big," you whimpered. "Oh sweetheart," he murmured as he pulled you in for another hug. He held you tightly as you started to squirm.

"I know your not feeling too little right now but you need changing." Peter heard you groan and could practically feel the blush forming on your face, "it's okay, Bruce said this would happen even if you're big." "Don' like it," "I know you don't. But if I don't change you soon you'll get a rash." He said as he pushed you down on the bed and went to get some supplies from Tony's nursery.

Peter couldn't help but feel a flicker of pride at the fact you hadn't moved from your spot on the bed, he expected the pink face of misery that looked over to him when he walked back in, he just smiled and lay a towel under your hips as he kneeled on the bed. You looked everywhere else in the room as you tried to ignore the rush of air that came over you as you felt Peter un-tape you diaper. He shushed you when you held your breath as he started to wipe you down. "So I was thinking," Peter started in and effort to distract you, "Since you're a bit bigger today we can look for furniture and clothes and stuff for your room, what do you think?" You nodded as he balled up the diaper and wipes, "I was thinking we turn the spare room next door into a nursery huh? We'll get a crib, and play mat, and a changing table and lots and lots of toys." You looked down when you felt him get off the bed again, you whined and tried to get the diaper off that he had just put on you.