Chapter Three

PART ONE - LIN & SU'S STORY

Lin looked to Su. "You wanna tell first?"

"No," she said. "Just tell them everything."

I'm Lin, this is my sister, Suyin. Called Su or Fun-Sized Badgermole.

Su and I had a strict mother. She was a single mom, we had two different dads, she was blind so I got stuck with stuff like helping Suyin with homework (It was math she couldn't get... Which Lin understood. She'd actually laughed when her teacher said there could be letters, until she realized her teacher hadn't been joking).

She wanted us to get used to being blind, because what if it happened to us? Their mom's mom was blind, her mom was blind, her mom was, so on and so on. They all lost their sight by the time they were 20. They grew up knowing this 'curse' would take them, a horrible way to raise a child.

Therefore, I was stuck helping a six-year-old puzzle out variables in classes that were too hard for her that she only took because our mother was well-liked. I hated her for it. I hated her, I hated Mom, I hated teachers, I hated me...

Hence my mom and sister's nickname for me, Moody. And all these idiots.

One day, my mom was being a bitch and told us that we were going to train so the monster wouldn't take us. She told us that we were benders, we could defend ourselves, because if we didn't then we'd have to go blind when we saw the monster's eyes. That was supposedly the curse we'd lived in fear of our whole lives.

My sister ran away, afraid of this monster. I ran to get her (not before landing a hit on my mom's nose, though, and I saw it was bloody as I ran out). When we found each other we were lost in the woods. We followed a path that led to this house, and Ikki was in the yard. She saw how desperate we were and took us in.

I don't know what happened to my mother, but I hope she died.

----------------------------------------------------

PART TWO - KORRA'S STORY

My parents died when I was four of a plague. So I was put into my uncle's care. I didn't want to be, but I was sent to a boarding school. I made friends with a guy called Li and he introduced me to his girlfriend, Asami, and brother. I forgot the brother's name.

Anyways, we were good friends. I had an apartment and when Asami was breaking up with Mako she was also dealing with the fact that her home life was being wrecked as she found out that her dad cheated on her mom. So I let her stay with me.

I left at one point because I really cared about how Asami felt and wanted to live, so I went to the city and got a job and was making good money. Li called me at one point over summer break, like, "Asami's about to kill herself what happened." But the guy wouldn't let him near her. SO I forced my way past him, yanked the knife outta her hand, and carried her home.

Home being, here. We were just living here for a bit when we were talking and we realized.. Yeah, we could leave. We've got savings. She has rights to her dad's money. But what we wouldn't have? All these assholes and misfits that we call our family.

----------------------------------------------------

PART THREE - MAKO & BOLIN'S STORY

Mako

Just call me Mako. No nicknames.

I was nine. Bo was six. A decade ago.

Our parents were happy. We were happy. Our parents died in a crash. We were thrown to the streets. Well, what was I supposed to do? I turned to Shady Chen, he taught me all sorts of stuff. I was in a gang and knew it, but that's how we could live. I kept the part about me being in a gang from Bo. He was little. I told him I worked for a cabbage stand guy and he bought it.

So, one day, the cops were on us. I was chucked in jail. And ... from there, that's Bo's part.

Bolin

Hey, boys! I'm uncle Bolin but you can call me Bo-Bo!

"They're not three," Toph said.

"And?" Bo asked.

"Treat them like adults," Izumi said. "They don't need to be babied."

Okay, so, call me Bo like everyone else, then.

So, one day Mako didn't come home from the cabbage stand. I was eleven and knew the cabbage stand was not his job, that he worked for a gang. So I assumed he'd gotten arrested. I went and got an actual job at a cabbage stand, and made do with stealing and stuff till I was thirteen. Then I saw Toph fight as the Blind Bandit. I caught up to her after, asked where she lived so I could maybe send her letters. She asked where I lived, sarcastically, and I said on the streets. And she was all like, "Oh." then she was like, "Come on. Maybe you can live with me and my friends. But don't lag behind." So I did, and it was cool.

Mako

When I got outta jail, I checked out the alley he used to be in. I got a job at a restaurant as a waiter and then I was all good. Got an apartment, and then I ran into Bo. He was at my resturaunt eating with this airbender girl. I asked how he was doing, said I got an apartment, he said they were living with friends and I offered my place. He asked when I got off work and I told him, "Nine."

When I got off, I saw to shady guys. They walked over when they saw me, smiled and introduced themselves as Zuko and Bumi. They said they were Bolin's friends. Always on the defensive, I said, "If he's in a gang I'm pulling his sorry ass out. Right now. Where's the hideout?"

But they were cool. So I went with them, they showed me they weren't a gang and I lived here ever since.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey! So, the thing didn't work two chapters ago. This is the wonderful writer I was talking about:

BeifongFirebender

One of my top three authors. She sticks to the backstories, she cares about quotes, she has all sorts of little nods here and there to the series as well as all of her stories being connected. It's super cool, trust me, go give her a shot! I've read them all in 3 or 4 days and am now rereading them.. you'll see my comments all over! Lol.

Have a lovely day!