chapter 1

now playing: rihanna- close to you (audio)

LELANI SIMMONS
toronto, canada

tuesday june 28, 2019

recently, things just haven't been going my way. tayshaun back in the hospital again, i know his time is coming soon but those sweet brown eyes, i'll miss them. those sweet brown eyes i wanted to look at for the rest of our lives. our turning into his, i could only stare into those sweet brown eyes as long as he could keep them open. tayshaun, the sweet pink lipped boy from mrs johnson's second grade class. the sweet talking seven year old who had somehow convinced me to go to his birthday party at playdium. oh how i could go on for hours about him, but i don't have that type of time. every second spent with him is one to savour.

the drive down the gardener had been cut short as i exited on to jarvis. my silver mercedes coming to a halt behind a golden brown honda civic. we both wait for the light to turn green to make our left turn. the light finally changed from the intimidating red neon to the welcoming green that would signal you to go through. i had just come from the hospital tayshaun had been staying at in mississauga. the mission was worth it to see him smile and tell me he would pull through and be okay just like he always did. i reached out to my phone to change the song. i pressed on the next button to be met by dilemma, nelly featuring kelly rowland. growing up tayshaun and i used to laugh together about this song, our little inside jokes about the lyrics.

a tear welled up in my eye, oh how i wished tayshaun could be healthy. i love him how he is but i'm scared that one day our memories may be cut shorter then we both hope. none of this is his fault, it's nobody's fault to be honest. it's just fate. the constant scares that he may die without a single notice is terrifying. the machine going haywire or the machine just going dead flat. both genuinely scare me, even only the thought of that. then there's also the slim possibility that he could make it through. i pray that slime possibility becomes reality.

kentrell 😼💙
would like to facetime....

yes no

"heyy"

"wssup lil mama"

"kickup how bout you"

"flying in to toronto"
"was finna surprise yo ass buh yuh sound sad "

"word, i miss you i'm reaching my base you know where it is fly when you touch down."

"i'm bout to touch down just now, i'll hit you later lil shawty."

"bye."

...

💟 2,573 liked by nba_youngboy, queen

💟 2,573 liked by nba_youngboy, queen.ap.

lil.lani; missin my numba one 😖 get better soon babes ❤️

tagged in photo; @shotta.ts

queen.ap: he'll put through babes keep ya head up! 💞

nba_youngboy; lil nigga will be good 💚

6feetoo; cro 🙏🏿💙

load more comments....

sorry for how frazzled this kind of was! i promise to do better and make it longer next chapter but i wanted to give you guys a slight look into her life. if you're confused about any of the things i mentioned let me know in the comments and i will most definitely give you some clarity!

 if you're confused about any of the things i mentioned let me know in the comments and i will most definitely give you some clarity!

LELANI (LANI) SIMMONS
aged; 20
ethnicity; Jamaican
height; 5'4

DESIREE (DES) GONZALEZ aged; 19ethnicity; spanish & irishheight; 5'2

aged; 19
ethnicity; spanish & irish
height; 5'2

DESIREE (DES) GONZALEZ aged; 19ethnicity; spanish & irishheight; 5'2

(first and foremost. i love ashley and i still can't believe she died so soon, in her honour and memory i will be using her in this book. please if you know anyone suicidal or suffering from mental illness help them.)

ALISSA (LIS) STEVENS
aged; 21
ethnicity; korean and Jamaican
height; 5'1