How You Meet

Y/N = your name
L/N = last name
Y/B/F = your best friend
~~~~
Steve Rogers-
You shifted nervously in your seat.

"Relax," Coulson said, glancing away front the road so he could look at you. "You're going to do great."

You were one of the rare people born with superpowers. Yours was illusions. You'd wanted to do something good with your abilities so you joined SHIELD. You just hadn't planned on Fury making you an Avenger.

Coulson parked the car and the two of you hopped out, heading to the main floor of the tower where your new teammates were waiting to meet you. You felt as if you were in a daze during the elevator ride up the many floors of the building and next thing you knew, you were in the living room of the tower.

The Avengers were seated on the couches and chairs. They all gave you polite smiles or waves when you entered.

Coulson stepped forward to properly introduce you. "This is Y/N L/N. She's going to be joining you." He handed Tony some sort of file and gave you a smile before exiting the room, leaving you alone in a room full of strangers.

"Hi," you said, giving a small wave.

One of them, who you immediately recognized as Steve Rogers, stood up and walked over to you with a friendly smile. You'd heard he was attractive and seen him in pictures, but he seemed even more handsome in person. You were slightly flustered as he shook your hand, a wide and welcoming smile still on his face. You returned it with a smile of your own.

"Welcome to the team," he said.

Tony Stark-
"Do I have to go?" You groaned, collapsing backwards into your bed.

"You really want to pass up a chance to go to one of Tony Stark's parties?" Y/B/F asked, placing a hand on her hip.

You nodded.

Y/B/F held out a red dress for you. "Too bad. You're coming."

A few hours later you were in Avengers Tower, standing in a floor length red dress with a slit going up the leg on the right side and a pair of black heels. Y/B/F had curled your hair and helped you do your makeup. You felt over dressed even for one of Stark's parties, but as you walked into the main floor where the party was happening you realized everyone was dressed just as nice.

"Wow, this place is amazing," your friend said with a dreamy sigh.

You looked around in awe and wonder. You could spot a few of the Avengers mingling in the crowd and you knew Y/B/F would want to try talking to them, but you didn't. They were much more important than SHIELD agent trainees like you and her. Why would the Avengers want to talk to you?

Your friend must've seen someone else she knew because she quickly excused herself before hurrying off and disappearing into the crowd of people. She was always more social and outgoing than you. You made your way over to a bar, ordering a drink for yourself and one for Y/B/F when she got back.

Someone sat down on the barstool beside you, but you didn't turn to see who it was. The bartender set your drinks down in front of you and you thanked him for it.

The bartender looked at the man next to you. "Can I get you anything?"

"Yes, one martini. Dirty. With extra olives," he said. "Oh and a shot of vodka."

That voice sounded familiar do you glanced over at him, eyes widening when you realized who it was. You stared at Tony Stark, blinking and not saying anything.

He didn't notice it for several moments. He glanced over at you, a confused expression on his face. "You must be one of the new recruits," he said. He held out a hand for you to shake. "Tony Stark. But I guess you already knew that."