D

Kayla

"Are you honestly sure about this?" Mari asked watching me change.

I pulled my shirt over my head, fully putting it on. "Girl, it's just university. You think I wanna be gambling money forever?"

I had told the girls about me going on and living in the university and their thoughts on it were alright.

China felt like I had somewhat betrayed her since she's been trying to get into school but had such terrible records that she knew they wouldn't let her in.

Honestly, majority of the girls felt this way. Like I had taken on a opportunity that they deserved, but it wasn't just fair for me to throw away my dreams just because they couldn't have theirs.

A lot of them complained about not having the money, and I honestly thought that was bullshit seeing that they make so much money from weed selling that they didn't mind spending on stupid shit.

The only one, after me, who was trying to do stuff with her life was Miko. Her intrest in technology helped her strive to want to learn more. She also wanted to meet her parents and had a special date set up for it.

"I'm  just saying," Trina came out the bathroom whipping her nose, "When you're gone doing your shit and living your best life- we have to pick up your slack."

I rolled my eyes at her comment. "I care about you guys, I really do, but I'm not going to live my whole life under a shadow and sell. I don't want that to be my future."

I walked over to the kitchen, built into my small apartment, as Mari followed me trying to keep me from my decision.

"I understand what you mean but, what about the rest of us? You have a whole scholarship and we have nothing. You're just gunna let us lay low on the streets?"

I opened the fridge taking out some yogurt. I didn't want to sound selfish, but it really wasn't my fault that they didn't get scholarships. "Listen, I love you guys. Don't get me wrong- but I have to do what I have to do."

I took a spoon, placing it in the yogurt then into my mouth.

"Whatever," Mari said throwing her hands up.

There was a hard knock at the door that made Trina and I share looks with each other.

"Who's there?" I yelled still slipping spoons of yogurt into my mouth.

"Police."

I rolled my eyes motioning for Mari to open the door.

I couldn't do it since my foot was in bad care. For a whole week I had been on crutches.

"How may we help you?" She asked leaning against the door.

"Is this the residence of Kayla Ridges?" His eyes wondered around the apartment.

"You don't look like an officer to me," Mari snickered leading herself to the other side of the door.

I continued on with my day as she talked the officer out of communicating with me. If it was one thing about Mari, it would be the fact that she was good at distracting.

I grabbed my back pack and waited until she returned.

"Since when did you get hickeys?" I asked with a furrowed brow.

She smilled and shewed me away with her hand. "I might just cuff the cop."

"What did he want?" I asked taking another bite.

"He wanted to know if we've seen, heard, or witnessed the stealings that happened not too long ago. He also wanted to know if we've seen any drug tradings."