9

The grass felt good against Naomi's bare feet, a soft smile on her lips as her deep blue eyes looked around the forest, she never thought she would be freed, but she would have to make sure to thank the people that did. If she remembered who they were. Some things were a little foggy when it came to remembering, people called out her name, but she didn't know who, Naomi snapped once but didn't know why. But they were the memories of when she was outside of her body, she didn't understand why she couldn't remember certain things. Maybe it was for the best, so she didn't have to worry as much, but not remembering made her worry even more. Naomi felt her ears perk up, causing her to raise her gaze upward, her head tilting slightly as she easily located the sound and which direction it was coming from,

"There's a river near by" Naomi informed

"How do you know?" Inuyasha spat

"I can hear the water" she replied simply

"We could use a break" Kagome said "we've been walking for a while"

"And I'm sure Naomi's tired too!" Shippo added

The others looked at Naomi, who's head tilted slightly as she listened to the running water, a small smile forming on her lips as she heard the water running over the rocks.

"Lead the way, Naomi" Kagome said with a bright smile

Naomi looked at them, seeing that they had already been looking at her, giving them a small nod and walking in the direction of the river, the others following behind her. She had her hands clasped in front of her, Naomi's ears would twitch slightly at the smallest sound,

"How good is a foxes hearing?" Kagome whispered

"Much more keen than a dog's" Miroku answered "they can hear at farther distance, run faster, maybe even leap higher than any other demon"

"Is that how she was able to kill the demon at the village?" She asked

"It was also most likely from the training she received from her mother" he added

The fox demon nearly flinched at the mention of her mother, Inuyasha had seen it, causing him to give her a curious glance, his eyebrows furrowing slightly when he saw a look of sadness pass through her eyes. Even if she kept her facial expressions blank, he could still see the emotion in her eyes, and the mention of her mother seemed to bring it out. They continued walking in silence, Inuyasha's ears picking up the sound of water running over rocks, slightly impressed that Naomi had heard it before he did, and he had most likely been a half demon longer than her. Minutes later, the group came upon a river, Shippo cheering as he ran and jumped in, not caring if he'd been getting his clothes wet, causing Naomi to smile slightly at his antics.

While the others were drinking some of the water, Kagome was filling up a few bottles for the road, Inuyasha was sitting by a tree, Sango and Miroku were sitting against a few large rocks, Naomi was looking down at the clear blue river, a small sigh emitting from her nose. She looked down at her kimono, picking up the front ends and revealing her bare feet, a small smile forming on her lips when she sat down, knees bent and sticking her feet in the water, feeling it flow over them.

"You must have been in there for a long time in order you to miss the little things like this" Sango said softly, sitting down next to Naomi

". . . It felt like a dream" Naomi replied softly "more of a bittersweet nightmare, actually" looking at the water and placing her hands on her knees, keeping her kimono up slightly "there are some things I can't remember . . some things I don't want to remember, and things that just . . follow me - even if it's only been a few days since I was set free"

"Sometimes the past just doesn't let you go" she said "it follows you until you corrected the wrong"

"I hope to do that some day" Naomi replied, looking at Sango "there are some things that I have to do. I don't wish to speak of it. Not yet.

Shippo hopped out of the water to dry, Kirara sniffing around him, but Inuyasha had been watching the two women by the river, listening in on their conversation.

What did she have to do? - he thought - Surely I wasn't anything bad, was it? She probably had to visit her mother's grave or something because of the look she had in her eye, but I'm not sure.

In his mind, Naomi looked a little too calm after she was released, but he didn't know that it had been her way of coping with all of the changes going on around her. But it was the Feudal Era, unexpected things always happen in this place, so in a way, she was used to it. The thing she wasn't used to, however, had been the changes that happened to her body, which somehow happened while her body had been imprisoned within stone.

Naomi let out another small sigh through her nose, removing her feet from the water and tucking them in, letting her kimono drop, wrapping her arms around ner legs as her kimono covered her feet once more. A white butterfly fluttered around them, Kirara hopping up in an attempt to catch it, only to have the small insect fly over to Naomi, landing on her knee. She looked at the small creature, a soft smile forming on her lips as she reached out with one hand, her smile growing when the butterfly crawled on top of it. Naomi couldn't help but inspect the insect for a moment, looking at it's beautiful white wings, raising her hand and allowing it to fly away.

"We should get going" Miroku said, standing on his feet "the next village we have to pass through is still a few days away"

"Then let's go" Kagome agreed, standing up as well

This caused Inuyasha, Sango and Naomi to stand on their feet as well, Naomi clasping her hands in front of her, the small group of travelers beginning to walk to their destination once more. But in reality, they weren't really sure where they were going, they just needed to find more of the Shikon jewel shards and Naomi needed to find a special dagger. And they just so happened to be heading in that direction, Naomi just didn't know what she was going to do when she got her hands on it, or where she was going to go. She hoped she wouldn't make enemies along the way, she already has enough on her plate as is. But if someone stepped in the way of what she wanted to do, then they would most likely regret it.

Naomi's body may still be recovering, but she knew she'd be ready when the time came. But there were other things she didn't know about. Things even her mother didn't even know. Especially about Naomi's biological father.