Chapter 1

I stood in the middle of the sticky, humid corner store tryna decide what would fix the rumblin' in my stomach. I felt eyes on me that I couldn't see as I stood there in my electric red Champion biker shorts, black sports bra and black zip up hoodie with my black slides. My hair was tied up to prevent the pool that would form if one of my thick locs dared to brush any part of my neck.

In short, I looked a hot mess. Restin' bitch face activated. Unapproachable.

Today was the first day I decided to venture out of the house after the week of fuckery I had unwillingly been apart of. Needless to say, I locked myself in my room of the lavish Moreau House with my blunts, netflix and youtube. The only reason for my venture outside of those walls was the fact I had run out of snacks. Among the plethora of bullshit I cradled in my arms I grabbed blunts, a bag of Doritos, some lemon juice and a fruit tray to go along with the over abundance of avocados my gracious, crazy ass brother decided to bless me with. A bitch had avocados for days, and I can't say I was mad at him for it. He knows my heart.

I had about three days before Jr., Legend and Hussien came back, so I was going to bask in the nothingness for as long as possibly could. They had jumped to who the hell knows where. Wherever they went they damn sure didn't want anybody to know about and I've learned to stop askin' questions about certain shit. My mind was still tryna process what the actual fuck had happened in the foyer of that house when we first arrived. I had already kinda been..curious about how protected we actually were before we jumped to New Orleans and what happened when we arrived just ignited my damn suspicions and anxiety. Jackie was still out here doin' who the fuck knows what and I'm supposed to feel safe? Ha.

So boom. We stood in the middle of the foyer, Jr's gun aimed and ready, and everybody else mad confused. The energy I felt radiating off of my twin was something...overwhelmin' that I had never felt before and that worried me. I went to step forward just to see Jr. give me the side eye from hell tellin' me to stay put.

Fuck that.

I took another step forward to be met with Amir's gun on the side of my face. I saw Jr. roll his eyes at me for bein' hard headed..but when you step to my brother you step to me. Fuck outta here.

I looked around to see where the rest of the team was positioned and as I thought, they were right behind us ready to jump at a moment's notice. I eyed the huge picture of Jackie perched on the wall behind Andre and tried to make a connection.

Andre chuckled as he gazed over at me. "Oh that? Just a lil gift from the mayor of New Orleans. Eighteen Sixty-Five."

I cocked my head to the side. "Nigga you know exactly what I mean. If you're gonna insert your bitch ass into my thoughts at least keep your shit a dub."

At this point, I had no act right for none of these niggas. Betrayal was the ultimate disrespect and Andre had did that on so many levels. I was mad at Jr. for not letting me hollow this nigga out when I wanted to, and even more mad at myself for lettin' my guard down and allowin' his ass to be trusted. You can never trust somebody that plays both sides. If they'll sell somebody else out they'll do the same to you..that's how I see it anyway.

I saw the sarcasm leave Andre's eyes. He attempted to lower his gun and walk in my direction before Jr. quickly changed his mind.

"The worst thing you can do is leave me unattended my nigga. If that gun is pointed at me right now you might wanna keep it that way because the minute you put it down I'm airin' this bitch out. You included." Jr. grumbled through gritted teeth.

I felt Andre's racin' thoughts as he made the choice to listen to Jr. He instructed Amir to lower his gun with a wave of his hand. I could see the conflict in Amir's eyes as they bounced between Jr. and Andre. He knew there was no bullshit in that statement.