Bellamy: You are my Family

Sorry it's so short, I have a lot of homework. 

(Takes place right before the bunker was closed for the second Praimfaya.)

"We can't have any delay while we're out. If we do this right, we'll barely have any time to spare before they close the bunker."

You nod, keeping your eyes on Clarke. Sometimes they shift to watch Murphy and Emori, who are standing close together. You're glad he found someone.

"We can do this," you say, not sure if you believe it yourself. You wish you could just stay here in the bunker, where you're safe- mostly, safe, at least. You feel Bellamy's large hand grip your shoulder, and you turn around to look at him. There's no doubt in your mind- despite what you want to do, you need to get Raven off that island. But if you fail and don't get back in time... well, you don't want to lose your friends and the man you love. 

You hold onto Bellamy's other hand, relishing the warmth. Outside, it will be cold. Outside are the people who didn't make the cut to be saved. Outside are the people no one wants anymore. 

You're lucky Bellamy loves you, or you would be outside, too. Clarke didn't put you on that list.

You didn't expect her to.

"Can I talk to you?" you finally say, tightening your hold on his hand.

"Of course." Bellamy gently tugs you into the space in the back of the room. Clarke purses her lips. She's right to be worried. Time is ticking away. 

Murphy and Emori start to step into orange suits. 

"I don't think you should come with us," you tell him. It's the truth, right there in the open. There's no time for skirting around it.

Bellamy scowls. "Y/N, what's this about?"

You shake your head. He knows exactly what this is about. "This is about us maybe not making it back. You should stay. You'll be safe here."

"No," he hisses, his eyes turning angry. "Raven's my friend. I'm not leaving her. I'm not a coward."

"Wanting to live doesn't make anyone a coward," you snap back. You can feel the heat in your cheeks rising along with your heart rate. "There are other getting her, anyway. You don't have to come, too."

He doesn't reply for a few seconds. 

"I'm not leaving you,' Bellamy chokes suddenly, pulling you into his chest. "And if you think I would, then you've been in love with an imaginary person this whole time."

You take a shaky breath and pull away. He has to stay. 

He has to live. 

"You should stay here, with your family."

"Y/N," Bellamy murmurs, leaning down to press a kiss to the top of your head. "You are my family."

You wrap your arms around his torso and finally let yourself melt into him. You feel your eyes brimming over with tears.

"I don't want you to die, Bell. I don't want to die."

Bellamy starts to pull you back to Clarke, Murphy, and Emori. 

"We won't, he whispers. "I promise."