ix: You Get Turned Into a Ferret Once

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

"You need to think of the happiest memory," Lauren told the Slytherin in the morning. The two of them were in their room, with all of the furniture pushed against the walls. "But not just 'I got the sweets or toys that I wanted,' but one thats like 'my baby sister was born today.'"

"You have a sister?" he asked.

"No, but the birth of a family member must be a lot of fun, right?"

Happy memories the Slytherin thought to himself. Draco took a sharp breath in. He realized that it would take a while to think of one that would work. "Why don't you demonstrate first?"

Lauren smiled to herself. "Okie dokie!" She raised her wand and stated brightly, "Expecto Patronum!"

A collection of beautiful, bright, blue butterflies shot out from her wand. They danced around the Hufflepuff as she giggled happily. The blue shimmer also encircled Draco. Lauren was smiling too much for her to notice that he had a shocked face. Draco wondered to himself how something could be that amazing and beautiful at the same time.

Lauren finally calmed down a bit, however, the butterflies were still flying all around the room. The brunette then saw that there was a small collection of the blue charm, not in a distinguishable shape, and moving ever so slightly.

She walked closer, to try to figure out what it was. Draco noticed too, and followed her. To the two's dismay, it disappeared with all of the other butterflies.

"What the hell was that?" the Slytherin questioned. Lauren was still looking at the place where the blue shimmer collection used to be.

She turned to him. "I don't know. That's never been there before." Lauren cast the charm again, but this time, it wasn't there.

The two stared quizzically at the spot where the strange part of the Patronus was.

"Why wasn't that thing there the second time?" The Slytherin asked.

"I don't know why that blue thingy was and then wasn't there," she stated, looking at the spot. "Oh well, we can deal with that later, your turn."

The Hufflepuff showed Draco the hand movement he had to create. Then, Lauren turned to him as she motioned him to try. "Remember, happy memories."

The Slytherin thought of some of his best moments. The first memory he thought of was when he and his mother took a summer to themselves at their house in Spain. Draco let out a breath, with the thought in his head, he cast, "Expecto Patronum."

Nothing happened. So, the boy tried again with a different memory. This one was of when he was very young. Him and his father went to go play in their gardens.

"Expecto Patronum!"

Yet, his wand still stood unmoving. Lauren looked at him and said, "Why don't you try again, but with a different memory?"

Draco tolled his eyes and thought to himself That's what I'm trying to bloody do. The next thing the young man thought of was the early morning talks with Blaize after long nights. But for some reason, he couldn't get the morning of meeting Emily and Lauren out of his head. He took a deep breath and decided to try it. "Alright. Expecto Patronum!"

This time, the slightest bit of blue mist came out of the wand. Lauren cheered for him.

Draco smiled to himself. He had finally been able to do what he thought was impossible. There had been only one other former/ex death eater that had been able to produce a corporeal Patronus, and Draco felt as if he could be the second.