Chapter 6: My Own Worst Enemy Pt. 2

Kaden's POV

I hang up with my mom, then look up at Mr. Erick expantlantly. He gives me a devilish smile. "Alright, Mr. Matazek. Why don't you go way in the guidance office. I'll be there in a minute." I sigh, then stand up and walk to the guidance office. As usual, the counseler isn't there. I sit down at one of the chairs around the table, knowing that's where I'll end up any way.

A few minutes later, Mr. Erick walks in followed by Ms. Fallon and Mom. She looks at me angrily, and I sigh. "Hey, Mom." She sits down next to me with out saying a word. She looks at Mr. Erick and Ms. Fallon as they sit down across from us. Ms. Fallon gives Mom a funny look.

"Aren't you Mike William's mom?" (I also wrote his last name late one night and it didn't occur to me his last name was William and hers was Williams.) Mom nods, then turns her attention to Mr. Erick.

"So, what's gonna happen now?" Mr. Erick sighs.

"Well, for skipping school, he will definitantly recieve detention. As to the fact of his fight with Ms. Fallon here, he shall be sent home for the rest of the day. Other than that, it's up to you to disaplene him." Mom nods.

"Can I go ahead and take him home then? His sister's home sick, and I don't want her to have to be home by herself longer than she has to." Mr. Erick nods, and me and Mom stand up and leave. We walk to the van in silence. I climb into the front seat and buckle. Mom pulls out of the parking lot with out saying a word. I sigh.

"I'm sorry mom." She shakes her head.

"I don't have time for this, Kaden." I frown and look out my window. We pull up at the house, and I slowly climb out. "When you get inside, go directly to your room." I do as she says. I climb up into my bed and lay down. After about twenty minutes, Hannah walks into my room. She climbs up and sits down next to me on my bed.

"why didn't you tell me you were having troubles at school?" I shake my head.

"I'm not having troubles." She sighs.

"Kaden, don't lie to me. I know you, you're a good kid." I scoff.

"Says you." She shakes your head, then I remember something. "Hey, are you alright? I just remembered Mom said you were sick." She lets out a small laugh.

"Yea. You missed it. I through up all over the gym after the pep session."

"Are you okay?"

"Yea. I'm fine now." I nod. She sighs. I grimace, the after effects of the alcohol starting to hit me. "Are you okay?" I nod. I close my eyes against the now blinding light and realization dawns on Hannah's face. "Are you drunk?"

"No"

"Don't lie to me Kaden. I know what a hangover looks like." I sigh.

"Don't tell mom."

"Kaden!" I grimace.

"Look, Hannah, please."

"Who gave you it?" I shake my head.

"I can't tell you that."

"Tell me or I tell mom." I sigh.

"Mac. Mac Zoners."

-----------------------

Hannah's POV

"Mac. Mac Zoners." That dreaded name. That name will always haunt my nightmares.

"I want you to stay away from him, you hear?" Kaden sighs.

"Why?".

"He's a bad influence!" He flinched at my voice.

"Will you please be quiet? Why do you hate him so much anyway?" I sigh.

"He's my ex." Kaden laughs.

"So I have to quit hanging out with my friend cuz he's your ex? No way." I sigh.

"You don't understand, Kaden."

"What don't I understand? Your just being selfish." I sigh.

"Kaden..."

"No. Okay he's my friend. I don't care what you think of him."

"Kaden, I'm pregnant." He sits straight up in bed.

"What!"