Chapter 1 - Just a Social Experiment

MAY 24TH - Night before the experiment

I can't believe I agreed to this whole social experiment thing. I mean, I did sign up for it but I didn't know I was going to be chosen out of the 100's and 1000's of girls who applied. I mean I recognised the name of the guy but I didn't realise it who it was until it was too late to get the application back. When I first realised that YUNGBLUD aka Dominic Harrison was the guy that did 'Falling Skies' with Charlotte Lawrence, I freaked because of well.. how are you supposed to stay at this guys place in London for 12 months without even a mention of my music taste? I remember him from the music video, he's not unattractive.

Before I know it I'm going to be on a plane from Australia to London. I just hope for my sakes that he won't ask about the music I listen to or what Australia's like. I'm not quite sure how to describe it without making a joke about Bunning's Warehouse and getting sunburnt no matter how hard you try. 'I should probably try to get some sleep..' I think to myself as I begin to fall asleep.

*Time skip MAY 26TH - Day 1 of the experiment*

"Sweetheart it's time to wake up you've got to get on a plane in 3 hours," My mum says sweetly as she shakes me awake, "I'm going to make waffles, so go take a shower." She leaves the room and I push myself up to a sitting position. I rub my tired eyes as I drag myself out of bed. The cold air is crisp but I know it will warm up within an hour or 2 because ya know, Australian weather and all. I walk slowly to the bathroom, bringing the clothes I had got out the night before. Immediately as my feet hit the bathroom tiles a chill runs up my spine. I start the water in the shower and at first the cold pricks my skin like little knives or pins but eventually the water warms up to a comfortable point and steam begins to engulf my body and cores my body. Thoughts start rushing through my brain, what if this was a bad idea? maybe I shouldn't have signed up for this in the first place? I'm only 19 what am I even doing?

By the time I calm myself down it's been at least 15 minutes, which means I need to hurry up. I quickly wash my hair, watching the bubbles swirl down the drain. I step out of the shower and dry myself off with a soft, blue towel. I pull on a pair of seamless pink underwear and a matching bra. I put on a black and white plaid pleated skirt and a pastel pink t-shirt, with angels on the front, that I end up tucking into the skirt. I pull on a pair of white thigh high socks. I slide on some black, lace up ankle boots. "Cute," I whisper to myself, my voice raspy from sleep. I blow dry my hair, tie it up into 2 half up space buns. My hair is a light, golden brown that fades into a pale shade of pink.

"Come on dear! Waffles are ready, just how ya like em!" My mum sings from the kitchen. I sit at the marble island bench and begin to cut the waffles. Toasted with melted milk chocolate, vanilla ice cream and strawberries, of course with a cup of orange juice. Just how I like it. "Thanks mum," I smile. "No worries Nance," She smiles back at me before walking down the hallway to my sibling's rooms. I finish off the waffles and go to brush the teeth. I grab my suitcases and such and lug them to the lunge room where my little brother is sitting eating toast and watching 'Teen Titans GO!'. "Hey buddy," I say cheerfully. "Nancy!" He smiles and jumps up off the couch to hug me. "Do you have to leave?" He questions. "Yeah, sorry Jax but I've got to," I say with a smile. Jaxson frowns, "Aww okay but I'll miss you, you have to promise to call everyday!" He says seriously. "I pinkie promise," I say hugging him tight. He smiles and goes back to watching TV. I go back to the kitchen and my sisters are sitting at the bench eating waffles. "Nancy we've got to leave in 20 minutes if we want to make it to the airport on time," my mum says from her room. "Okay," I say back. My sisters say their goodbyes and my mother and I get into the car and start to drive.

It's a shame my Dad couldn't be there to say goodbye but he works away so there was no way. He said to call him when I get to the airport or just whenever I can. Most of the car trip is filled with my Mum telling me to be careful and to stay safe while also telling me to have fun and enjoy myself but also to call her everyday.