Chapter One

I remember the Election for one of the annual Skywars. There are 20 Tribes in Astum, and each Tribe votes in 5 people, so it's 100 in total. Rhahlin votes on the map for Skywars, and it is revealed to Astum the day before the right begins.

In every Tribe, there are 4 sections. When you turn 18, depending on how much money you have, you either go to the Poor Section, The Stable Section, The Mid-Class section, which is where my family lived, and the Wealthy Section.

Every year, one section gets chosen to vote in 2 people, and this year that was my section. In our Tribe, people 8 and older can vote on who will go into the Skywars.

Each year, 3 people are drawn from each age group of who can go in, wrote down on 745 pieces of paper, for that is how many people can vote in Ignis, and given out.

By the way, my name is Mark Young, and when I was 13, I was on the Roster for the 48th Skywars. And my worst enemy, Hemlock Wolf, was on the 16 year old roster.

That was his 3rd year in a row being on the Roster, but his 4th time. Everytime he was on the Roster, I would vote for him, because it would get him out my life. This was my 1st year on the Roster.

The other sections always vote before the section who votes for 2 people. So The Mayor of our section called out the 3 other names of the people who were voted in. "From the Poor Section, Ryan Dusk, age 18, Gender Male. From the Stable Section, Harper Moore, Age 14, Gender Female. From the Wealthy Section, Edward Ben, Age 20, Gender Male."

Then he said "From our Section, we will say the 2nd most voted person, and then the 1st. The second most voted person is........ Hemlock Wolf!" I said "Yes!" Under my breath. "Now the 1st most voted person is........Alex Young!" My heart skipped a beat as he called my name.

I then thought "I can't go into Skywars. It can't be. I was the quiet kid, barely anyone new me! I can't be going in!" But I was. I was going into Skywars. And I doubted I would make it out alive.