018| sweet dreams

imagine #18kang minhee type: angst + fluff request for; @thonghuckss

imagine #18
kang minhee
type: angst + fluff
request for; @thonghuckss

»»-------------•°•°•-------------««

I had come home after finishing my night shift at the convenience store. My back was aching and I was too tired to think straight after the amount of rude customers I had helped today. I walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water when I glanced at the time. "Everyone in the house should be asleep by now.."

I eyed the fridge, trying to find something to eat but gave up. I didn't have much of an appetite and I could feel myself becoming sick after working those long hours. Tired, I put the money in my wallet to use tomorrow and went upstairs to take a shower.

After getting cleaned up, I got changed and finally decided to get some sleep. But I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, my body wouldn't fall asleep. After hours of tossing and turning, I decided to check the time; 3:00 AM.
The stress of the day was getting to my body but I still wasn't able to fall asleep. With no other options, I picked up my phone and dialled the first number in my contacts lists.

I heard the someone from the other side of the line pick up, groggily speaking through the phone. "Erinn? It's 3 in the morning? Are you okay?" I let out a deep sigh, forcing myself to keep it together. "I can't sleep Min. My body feels like I was someone's personal kicking bag but I can't fall asleep. Everything hurts..."

By that time, Minhee was wide awake, a worried tone in his voice. "Oh baby...I'm sorry you feel that way. Is there anything I can do to help you?" Tears rolled down my face as I silently cried, the pain finally getting to me. I could hear Minhee calling my name and asking if I was okay, but I couldn't answer. In a matter of moments, the line went quiet. I lifted the phone to my ear and called out Minhee's name but there was no answer.

In frustration, I threw my phone on the other side of my bed as I continued to break down. "First I can't sleep and now my own boyfriend doesn't want anything to do with me. Great.."
I took a break, trying to steady my breathing when I heard a knock on my window. My eyes widened as I grabbed the nearest object that I could use as a weapon and slowly made my way to my window. After glancing outside, I could see a familiar figure.

Upon opening my window, I saw a worried Minhee in his pyjamas and a duffle bag hanging from his body. Confused, I gave him space to enter as he rushed in and pulled me into his arms. I was shocked at first but began to cry again once I was in his arms. He said nothing and let only his actions console me. Once I had finished, he smiled brightly at me as he brought his things in.

"Why did you come? It's close to 4 in the morning Minhee.." he placed his duffel bag on my desk and began to take out the contents. "Trust me, I know when you're sad. Even if you were trying to hide it, I knew you were crying." A small smile made its way to my face as he continued. "So, I brought all your favourites! We'll watch your favourite movie while eating your favourite ice cream! I already called your boss and told him you would be taking your day off tomorrow."

Before I could say anything, Minhee ushered me to my bed as he began to set things up. As I started to eat my ice cream, I admired the way he still came to my aid, despite what time it was. Minhee caught me looking at him as he smiled back. He took his seat next to me as we began to watch the movie. By the end of the movie, I felt my eyelids become heavier and heavier. Minhee noticed too and turned off the his laptop. He took away the ice cream in my hand and placed me gently in bed.

I watched him gather his things and headed towards the window but before he could leave, I called out for him. "Do you think you can stay the night? I need someone by my side or else I'll still be awake." Minhee hesitated for a second, but nodded as he set his things aside and climbed into the bed with me. I placed my head on his chest as he pulled me closer to his body.

I could feel my body drifting deeper and deeper into sleep but before I could go, I muttered a thank you to Minhee. I could he him chuckle and felt him place a kiss on my temple as we both drifted into a deep sleep.

(UNEDITED)
—————
Our boy Minhee is very popular 😂😂😂