Some Time Later

Tinley woke up to the sweet smell of breakfast, but she was confused

Tinley woke up to the sweet smell of breakfast, but she was confused... Who was in her kitchen? Her eyes fluttered open and looked at her bedside, there was a fresh dent on her bed. She rolled over her bed, searching for clothes when she found one of Connors button ups. Tinley buttoned up the shirt a bit before groaning and getting up. The sun shined through her lacy curtains, Detroit was turning into spring, and she loved it.

She walked out to a few in her kitchen. Connor was cooking in a white tank too and Sammy was sitting on one of the counter tops, away from the food, but watching as Connor moved.

With the help of Tinley, he was able to download a few new functions. Such as cooking, cleaning and human care... Tinley added some function of her own, for her own benefit.

"You know, I can hear you right?"

Lost in her own fantasy, Tinley got embarrassed, her cheeks burning red. She then moved behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "How do you feel?" He asked her, turning of the fire from the stove and turning around to pick her up and sit her down on the kitchen table. "I don't think my legs work yet." She told him, letting out a light snicker.

Connor smiled down at Lee before he kissed her. "Breakfast is ready." He informed before walking back to the stove. Lee let out a light 'mhm' before sitting down on one of the chairs. Connor never ate breakfast with her but he would sit and watch as she did so. The first few times, Lee was uncomfortable but now- it was the usual.

He set down the plate in front of her and than sat beside her. Today, he grabbed a book and read as Tinley ate. "We're low on supplies." He informed her, continuing his reading. "Groceries... not supplies, it's groceries." She corrected him.

"Right... groceries."

Tinley gave him a smile as she ate. He became more human every day... She enjoyed watching him learn.

They walked around the grocery store, picking up what was needed.

Connor and Lee would always keep their distance from most people that where still in Detroit. They didn't want to start anything serious.

At stores, they always did self checkout, always doing things themselves.

They walked out of store and looked around. More people where back in Detroit then there was before. It didn't bother them, but it put them on high alert.

Even though more androids inhabited Detroit, they wanted to be safe- no matter the circumstance- you could say that they where paranoid, but they would say "better paranoid than dead."

At home, they would lounge out and watch tv. Sometimes they would come up with a new hobby. Tinley began to pain, and Connor began to read.

Tinley was as good as her father. Her art was special, it had meaning. But sometimes it was just a landscape with no meaning- yet still beautiful.

 But sometimes it was just a landscape with no meaning- yet still beautiful