twenty nine

It's been a week since the night of the party. I feel better I mean it's not like me and Jace were in love, we only knew each other for a few weeks. I did think he cared about me, that's the only thing that stung, it might have been all an act.

Shawn and I's relationship is definitely different. He keeps flirting with me. The weird part is I like it.

Don't get me wrong though, the flirts aren't crazy it's just the way he looks at me or the tiny things he says that he thinks I don't notice. But I totally notice!

Anyway, I just want to know if Jace cared about me or not. I thought we had a connection, but maybe not.

I come into my room from getting a glass of water. Shawn is in the same place where he was when I left. He's laying on my window seat with his legs up on the glass. He's reading my second Harry Potter book. I actually finished it and am on the third one, Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban.

"Your phone went off," Shawn informs me without taking his eyes off the book.

I sit down at my desk chair because I'm currently in the middle of an essay about what I want to do in the future. You know it's just a pretty basic project for the first week of school.

By the way, I made a few friends. Not snobby ones that will cheat on you and try to have sex with you, just generally nice people. Sorry I had to note that, I'm pretty proud.

I look at the text. Oh god. It's from Jace...

Jace: Listen Gracie I'm so sorry about what happened last week...

Ew just reading that first sentence makes my eyes roll.

Jace:... I wanted to give you some time after it happened to calm down. I need to talk to you. I need you to know I'm so, so, so, sorry! I just need to explain myself. Can we meet? Please.

"Oh my god!" I whisper. But apparently not that quietly because Shawn heard me.

"What is it?" He asks. He appears next to me looking over my shoulder. I wasn't expecting it so I didn't have time to hide the text. I hear the book he was reading fall onto the ground. "Jace?" I look up at him and he's shocked. "Why is Jace texting you?" When he says Jace I could hear the disgust in his voice. I don't blame him though.

"He says he wants to explain himself," I say quietly wrapping my head around it all.

"What? You're not actually going to let him, are you?"

"I don't know."

"Gracie what? You can't give him anything! He cheated on you he doesn't deserve it!" Shawn said sternly.

"I know! Trust me I know. But I want to know if he actually cared about me or if it was all an act. I want to hear him out."

"Don't do this Gracie. It's stupid and ridiculous!"

I stand up so I'm face to face with him. "Shawn, I need to do this, I need to know, for closure." He was about to say something but I cut him off. "And don't say that closure is overrated or some bullshit like that." Shawn's looked taken back because I knew what he was going to say. "I'm going and you can't stop me, please just understand. This is my life, not yours, sorry."

"Fine." He says under him breathe.

I grab my leather jacket and phone. I run downstairs and see my mom on the couch. She's still hurt from the car accident but she's doing a lot better.

 She's still hurt from the car accident but she's doing a lot better