"I hear voices." She said.

Hey guys! Sorry for such a delay! I guess you could say I forgot.. Oopsies! A few of you have asked about this story, so there is chapter three!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christine pulled the blanket up around her neck, hiding the marks from the lock on the straight jacket. 'He knows and he's probably going to tell the doctors and they are going to do more tests on me.. Oh how I hate those things.'

"So, Christine... Do you like coffee?" Adam asked, desperately needing a cup right about now. His phone buzzed in Christine's hand and he held his breath, waiting. She handed it to him and her fingers left cold imprints on the phone. It was Tommy, his best friend and part of the band. Adam ignored the text and set the phone down before pulling his knees up to his chest. He decided that he would make it hid mission to help her, at all costs. "I promise I'll be right back." Adam said, standing. He left his phone on the floor by Christine. Adam made his way down the hallway and asked the nearest nurse for two cups of hot, but not scalding coffee. The nurse happily complied and led him to the wards coffee machine. He made two cups and stuck cream and sugar in his pocket, unsure how she liked her coffee. Adam made his way to the room and knocked gently, shaking his head at the doctor's worried look. 'Its okay' he mouthed.

"I'm back." Adam called softly, peeking in the room. Christine was almost invisible. The white blanket blended in with the colorless room well and the only thing he could see was the flashing of lights on his phone. "I see you've found my music library, and I brought coffee." Adam said, sitting across from her.

'I don't want to intrude.. But I love the music he plays off of his phone.' Christine thought, scrolling through the music. She stopped when she saw her favorite band, Greenday. Christine scrolled through the music, selecting a new one called "Basketcase"(www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzJhM2fX-g)

"I love that song." Adam said, after the song had played and had ended. "You can play more music, if you'd like." He offered, setting the coffee beside her. Christine set the phone down almost immediately and picked up the cup and took a sip, no cream, no sugar.

'Finally! Caffeine! This stuff calms me down! OHMygosh thank you Adam.' Christine thought, wrapping her sore hands around the warm cup. She raised her eyes and found Adam's electric blue ones meeting hers. She felt a bolt of panic pang through her, but she shook it off, something she hadn't done in a long time.

"Me, I like the caffeine because it wakes me up." Adam said, speaking his thoughts. "But- you.. You like it because.. Because it calms you? It helps you think?" Adam asked, to nobody in particular. He tapped his foot to the beat of the song she was playing. He couldn't recognize it, so it must've been one she'd searched while he was gone. "I, I speak my mind.. But you.. You only say things that are needed, don't you?" Adam paused to look at her. She was watching him with her hazel eyes fixed entirely on him. "I think that's special in today's society." Adam said, grinning.

'Why is he like this? Is he just trying to get to me because the doctors want him to, or is he genuine about his words?' Christine thought, letting the music die out before she turned it off.

"I really do. Some people just can't keep their mouth shut. Unfortunately, I'm often one of those people, to tell you the truth." Adam said, poking fun at himself. He wanted to get her to laugh, to smile, to giggle. "I've got a loud mouth when I don't watch myself.. I guess you could say I have a very big 'inside voice'." Adam said, running a hand through his hair. His flannel shirt warmed him along with the coffee and he finally felt awake.

'But he is so quite around me.. I bet it's because he thinks I'm too weak to handle his normal voice. I probably am. Even the nurses don't whisper to the guy down the hall who is worse than me. I see it in his eyes when I get walked down the hallway.' Christine inquired, setting the cup down to rub her eyes.

"Christine," I took a deep breath and took the plunge. "Christine, can you tell me what's going on?" I asked, watching her for any sign of response. I held my breath for what seemed like hours until she cleared her throat and attempted to talk.

"I hear voices." She said.