Chapter 9: I'm just never the one

Mark's POV 

It's already midnight and I'm still waiting for Jane to be conscious. We're here at the hospital since it's safer here. The rest of Got7 and Siwan left an hour ago. Got7 had a scheduled practice for our comeback "A" and well for Siwan he was already being called by his own entertainment. JYP excused me from the practice tomorrow because he told me that I had to take care of Jane. I was sitting on a chair beside her bed while holding her hand and suddenly her eyes opened. I was alarmed so I quickly stood up to call a doctor but Jane stopped me by pulling my hand. 

"Oppa, it's okay. I don't want doctors checking up on me right now." Jane said weakly so I slowly sat down again. 

"Why didn't you tell me Jane? How come I don't know about this?" I was referring to her sickness and she gave me a confused look.

"Know about what, Mark?" she said with furrowed brows.

"Don't try to hide it from me, young lady. Your sickness, Jane, your sickness!" I replied while trying to hide my annoyed tone but it was evident in my voice. She quickly looked away.

"I--i, oppa, I just........ you didn't have to know." she looked down while playing with her fingers and I sighed. "Oppa, I'm sorry........ I just didn't want you to feel like you're responsible for me. I don't want to be an obligation." She looked at me sincerely while saying that and I felt a little bit hurt. I want her to be comfortable with me. I want her to be my responsibility. 

"I don't have to know, but Siwan does?" there was a hint of jealousy on my voice when I said that, and I cursed myself on my mind. 

"He knew that a long time ago, oppa. He's my friend before remember?" she touced my clenched fist. I didn't even realize that it was clenched until she touched it.

"Yeah, right, "friend"." I know she heard the sarcasm on my voice. Why am I suddenly feeling this? Ugh.

"Oppa......" Jane looked at me with pleading eyes. I sighed and stood up to hug her. I heard her gasp, but she hugged me immediately after. 

"Please, Jane, please trust me. Whether you like it or not, you are my responsibility. You're my wife remember?" I whispered this to her ear and then I slowly faced her. Her cheeks turned red and shock was written all over her face. It made me smile since she was so cute.

"O-ookay, oppa." I patted her head and sat down on the chair again. "So I want you to rest for now since I just knew that you have anemia." 

I was about to go to the couch to sleep but Jane grabbed my hand.

 "Oppa, can't you just sleep beside me? I really feel uncomfortable with you sleeping on a couch." I smiled at her sincerely.

"Ayy my wife is thoughtful. Thank you." I slept beside her. It wasn't uncomfortable since we really sleep at the same bed. I was about to sleep when Jane called my name.

"What is it, Jane?" I asked her without looking and she didn't speak for a few minutes.......

"I first knew that I had anemia when I was in grade 6. Even though I knew then that being a trainee is hard and bad for my health I still pursued it. I really enjoyed sharing my hobbies to others. I was scared when my family members told me just to stop training since it was really bad for me, but I begged JYP to talk to them. JYP saw how dedicated I was to what I do and told me I'd be a special trainee who didn't have to do what other trainees did. Of course I will still practice, but not as hard as the others did. I was so thankful towards JYP back then that I did my best. Up until now I still have the same passion for music and try not to think about my sickness. I think I love music so much that I'm ready to sacrifice everything for it." I was looking at her while she was explaining everything. I did not think that she would tell me this tonight, but she did. I put my arms around her and she looked at me.