Glory and Gore

If there was something Sonja had, it was anger issues. Her blood was boiling. She had just gotten off the phone with Shane. The boy was broken. Breaking. Sad.

Regina fucking George had just hurt him. Again. Which was something that Sonja in the first place had warned Shane about. She kinda wanted to throw in a told you so in his face, but she couldn't bring herself to do that. She could already tell that the boy was breaking and she didn't want to make it worse. Regina had hurt him before, hurt Aaron and she just hurts everyone in her wake.

Hell, she even hurt Janis back in the 8th grade which was why Janis and her started being friends. Their mutual hate of Regina George had brought them closer together.

"Do you think she's up yet?"

"Shane, can you please stop bugging me about your girlfriend?"

"Ew. She's not my girlfriend." Shane corrected Sonja as he paced around the waiting room of the hospital.Fear was evident in his eyes. He didn't want to lose his best friend and it was clear.

Janis had tried to end her life because of what Regina had done. Taking a whole bottle of her antidepressants. Shane was the one who found her, barely conscious in a puddle of her own vomit. According to the doctors there was no way she could be able to survive the trauma she had put her body through but she was still here. With a heartbeat--but in a coma.

Which was why Shane was pacing around asking every five seconds if Janis had woken up yet.

"Can you please stop pacing around? It's making me anxious."

Okay, maybe Sonja acted like she didn't care but she was worried too. Worried that she had lost a possible friend. She was also acting super gloomy because her dad was gone, again, and her mom had just gotten arrested, again. Leaving her alone for what seemed like the millionth time to wrap her fourteen year old mind around the possibility of a friend dying alone.

Janis was someone who always seemed to show up at Shane's house no matter what, no matter who he was hanging out with. She would be there. That's how Janis and Sonja became acquainted but never really became more than that until after the events of this.

Shane didn't want to be left alone at the hospital--well, he wasn't alone, his mom was there too--but he needed a friend that wasn't his mom for once in his life, and Damian was at his grandma's house and couldn't get out of that. So he asked Sonja to come with. Not like the girl had any other plans for the day, or days to come.

Sonja started to chew on her fingernails, her knees tucked up to her chest as she began to overthink. What would happen if she doesn't wake up? How would she manage that? How would Shane manage that? Losing one of his closest friends. She was here for emotional support but she didn't know if she could be around Shane if that were to happen.

"What about now? She has to wake up soon."

"Shane."

"She has to." His voice cracked. Sonja couldn't tell if it was from him crying or the tail end of puberty having an affect on his voice. But, she didn't question it or make fun of it--not at a time like this, not while he was most certainly crying out of worry.

And she did, three days later.

Regina had inadvertently hurt all of them by outing Janis. Hurting Shane and Janis and leaving Sonja with uncontrolled amounts of anger towards her.

on wednesdays we wear pink!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara