Hell

The stone hallways continued in every direction, creating a labyrinth. A labyrinth lit dimly with candle lamps lining the walls in between the iron barred windows, the cell. In each cell, a half naked, bruised, bloodied, and malnourished human being. Each hall was made of two levels, part of the top of the first level was the walkway for the second level, all symmetrical in appearance, an occasional ramp, of mossy, chiseled Stone to break the monotony of cell windows. Each slightly shined with a wet reflection in the candle light, eroded stone with iron barred cells that caged silent, woeful, shells of what was once a human being. The caretakers of this place dawned dark robes that concealed most of their gaunt and pale appearance. Walking with a torch in hand one caretaker led the way for another, this one possessing a bucket instead of a torch. The caretaker led the way for her compatriot with his wood bucket and spoon, they stopped at each window, wordlessly, the only sound they made was their feet on the slippery stone, and the scrape of the spoon in the bucket. The spoon emptied its contents through the gaps of the metal bars. The orange glow dimly illuminated the dark red stains on the each of the window's stone, the bucket and the spoon shared these stains. These stains trailed to the floor, and then a metal grate drain on the first floor. The caretaker's shoes squeaked and and rubbed against the wet stone, spoon scraping the bucket and a faint clamber of prisoners at the windows mauling their daily meal, for if they did not, they'd become the contents of the bucket tomorrow.