Chapter One

Jin, the son of Belle and Beast, stood on top of a platform as his tailor measured his legs, arms, and head, looking out of the window and towards the Isle of the Lost.

His parents, Belle and Beast, walked into a the room. "I can't believe you're gonna be crowned king next month!" Beast exclaimed, as his wife was latched onto his arm.

"He's turning sixteen, dear." Belle reminded.

Jin smiled. "Hey, pops." He greeted.

"Sixteen! That's far to young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least forty-two."

Belle scoffed, playfully glaring at him. "You decided to marry me at twenty-eight." She stated.

"It was either you or the teapot." He joked, winking at Jin who chuckled. "I'm kidding." He mumbled to his wife.

Jin took a breath. "Mom, dad." He began, about to step off the platform before being risked by his tailor with a warning stare. He moved back to his original position before continuing. "I've chosen my first official proclamation." He stated.

Belle and Beast looked at him curiously. "I've decided that the children of the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance.." He pauses for a brief second. "To live here at Auradon."

His mother gasped a little, dropping the clothing item she held onto the floor as his father stared at his shocked. Jin stepped off of the platform and gestures out of the window towards the island. "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." He states as he walks over to his parents.

"The children of our sworn enemies.." Beast says. "Living among us?"

Jin brings his hands together. "Well, we'll start out with a few at first. Only the ones who need our help the most." He smiles. "I've already chosen them."

Beast takes an intimidating step forward. "Have you?" He asks as Jin's smile falters.

Belle grabs his arm. "I gave you a second chance." She reminds him before looking at her son. "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella De'vil." Jin begins, taking a brief second to pause as his parents process the information. "Jafar. Evil Queen." He pauses for more than a second, standing up straight and looking at his father. "And Maleficent."

Upon hearing this, his tailor gasped loudly as he dropped the clothing. "Maleficent?!" Beast roars, stepping forward once more. "She's the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out here-"

"I won't hear of it." He states. "They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!" She shouts.

"Dad, their children are innocent." Jin defends. "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" He asks. "Dad.."

Beast nods a little understandingly. "I suppose their children are innocent.." He says before walking away a little.

Belle walks up to Jin, straightening his suit a little. "Well done." She smiles at him before walking to her husband. "Shall we?" She asks him before linking her arm with his and the two walk out.

Jin walks over to the window, looking over towards the island before looking down and fiddling with his ring.

-------

Over on the island, Lisa, the daughter of Maleficent, spray painted "Long Live Evil" onto the exterior wall of a shack. She smirks as she turns around.