wishin' i still had you

i suck for not updating so quick but here's the chapter you guys have been waiting for!

six weeks later

june

"you guys ready?" dev walks into the kitchen. i look over at him and nod.

"i just have to finish feeding little joseph here because he's a slow eater." yes, i did name joeys and i's kid after him, i thought it would be cute to do it, his name is joseph but dev and i called him jojo for short.

"he's a slow eater, just like joey." dev mumbled. i stayed quiet as i fed him. i nod and feed him the last spoonful of eggs. "yeah, he was wasn't he?"

"done!" jojo exclaims. i giggle and set the spoon down. i take him out of his chair and pick him up, kissing his cheek.

suddenly i hear the doorbell ring. dev and i looked at each other confused before making our way towards the front door. i opened it and stood there in shock when i saw jen and soph standing there. i gulped and looked at them both. "mrs. birlem, soph."

"you guys have a lot of balls showing your face here." dev interrupts.

"june, dev, i think it's finally time we talk." dev shook his head, he was about to close the door but i stopped him. i set joseph down and nod. "come in."

~

"how old is he?" soph asked as i held joseph in my lap

"a year old." i told her.

"can i hold him?" jen spoke up. i look over at dev who just shrugged. i look back at jen and nod, handing her joseph carefully.

she gasped softly as she carried him in her arms. she sets him down on her lap and played with his small hands. "hi there little guy, i'm your grandma jen." she said in a baby voice.

soph took one of his hands and played with his fingers. "he looks a lot like joey when he was a baby." she looks over at me. a small smile creeped up on my face. i nodded slowly, agreeing.

"he does, ive seen the pictures." i spoke softly.

"he gave you the box?" jen looks at me.

i look at her and nod. "he told dev to give me his box and this heartlocket." i place my hand over the heart locket, smiling as i started thinking about joey again.

"what did the box have inside?" soph asked.

i sighed. "his baby pictures, a bandana and some baby shoes" i chuckle a bit and look down at joseph's feet. "i'm guessing they were his once."

"joey bought some stuff for the little guy." i turn my head and look at dev confused. he looks at me and nods.

"before he got locked up, he bought joseph a bunch of shit to give him once he was about one. he went on a shopping spree basically." dev gets up from the couch and walks through the halls to grab something from the room. the three of us looked at each other confused but we just shrugged it off and waited for dev.

"since we didn't really have a birthday party for the little guy, i wasn't sure if it was the right time to give it to him, buttt i figured it was the right time now." dev walks back with a huge gift bag, i widened my eyes at the sight of it.

dev sets down the bags in front of us and exhales loudly. "joey got a little too excited and blew all his money on his son." dev says as he sat back down on the couch.

i pull the bag close to me and open it slowly, i saw that a bunch of clothes were from some famous brands such as gucci, nike, adidas, vans etc. i take out a couple of clothes and smile widely at how cute they were. as i looked through the clothes i immediately started thinking about joey again, i felt a pain in my chest almost like i wanted to burst out crying.