Part II

Year 2012

For the past seven years, Louis had been living happily in New South Wales, Australia with his parents and four younger sisters. Everything wasn’t as bad as he thought it’d be. At school, he quickly made many friends, fitting in with everyone perfectly. No one would have known that he wasn’t local until he spoke, because the words that came out of his mouth were enunciated so precisely that it was unlike the way Australians spoke.

But it wasn’t like anyone discriminated against him for being British. In fact, they seemed to like him a lot more because of his “adorable accent” and bright blue eyes.

And as the years went by, Louis grew up to be a healthy boy, surfing occasionally and excelling in his studies. All his homesickness came and went, and eventually, so did the memory of the bottle and the poor green-eyed friend he had back at home.

~*~

The pale yellow light of the sun streamed in through the curtains as Louis’ alarm clock rang, drawing him out of his slumber. He slapped his palm down on the alarm clock slightly too hard and it fell to his parquet floor, the loud sound catching the attention of his mother’s sharp ears.

“Louis Tomlinson! Wake up or you’ll be late again!” She yelled from outside his door. Louis sat up, yawning tiredly and running a hand through his sleep-tousled hair. “Okay, ‘m up mum!”

He kicked the covers off of himself and swung both his legs off the bed and stood up. He took a look at the abused alarm clock. 7:10AM. Class only began at 8:00AM so he’d still have time to enjoy some of his mother’s home-made pancakes before leaving his home for the 20 minute journey to school.

Excited not for class but for the tasty pancakes his mum made, he swiftly walked out of the room and saw Lottie, his sister, standing at her door. She was combing her long hair with her fingers, and Louis instantly knew that she wanted to go to the bathroom too. Grinning devilishly, he made a dash for the bathroom and shut the door loudly behind him. He didn’t really have to run because the bathroom was just opposite his room.

As he went about his daily activities in the bathroom, Lottie began banging on the door with her fists. “Louis, hurry up! I need to use the toilet!” She yelled from the other side of the door. “Wait for your turn! Haven’t you heard, “the early bird gets the worms”, Lottie!” Louis smirked triumphantly as Lottie groaned.

When he was out of the bathroom, she quickly dashed in and Louis decided maybe she really did have a full bladder or something. He walked back to his room and grabbed his bag before running downstairs. He eagerly sat down at his usual seat at the dining table and gobbled down two pancakes and a sausage.

When he’d had his fill, it was 7:33AM, and instead of heading to school, he decided to sit on the couch with his legs sprawled out in front of him. He reached for the remote on the coffee table in front of him and switched the television on. He didn’t really want to watch anything; he just wanted to be late for class so that he’d be able to miss a little bit of Mr. Evans’ boringness.

“Louis, go to school. Do your dear mother a favour and please, be on time for once?” She said sarcastically from the kitchen and Louis grinned at her. “Oh, dear mother, since I love you so, I’ll go now,” he replied cheekily, earning himself a laugh from his mother. Louis stood up and reached for his bag, getting ready to leave. Maybe he’d actually be on time today. At that moment he almost snorted at that thought. Who was he kidding? When was he ever on time?

“Wow Boobear, you must be an amazing drama student, huh?”

“The best,” Louis winked at his mother who in turn pushed him out of the door. He gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Bye mum, see you later!” He waved as he walked out of their porch area and onto his 20 minute commute to school.