⊹˚· 𝗟𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗚𝗼 ·˚⊹

𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵 6𝘁𝗵, 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿 2016

It has been 6 days since I've officially been added to the Day6 lineup and I've got to say, these kids are really good songwriters and people in general. Surprisingly, they aren't quiet at all and are rather loud.....

"Y/n? Stop day-dreaming" Jae pokes my cheek and I stop my internal monologue.
"Sorry...." I Look down, feeling a bit embarrassed.
"Sorry what?" Jae pokes my cheek again, smiling.
"Sorry....hyung" I pout, pushing his hand away.
"What is your position in the group, y/n?" Sungjin asks, laying his head on the desk.
"I don't mind really. I mean, I can play quite a few instruments like bass, electric guitar, piano and drums" I shrug at the question, not minding what I get.

"Well, lets use our common sense. Having two drummers sounds stupid so you're not going to be a drummer. We already have a pianist so it would be weird to have two, again. We have two guitarists as well. But we only have one bassist......but I don't really wanna share that position with you..." Brian rolls his eyes and looks away, obviously not liking the fact we might have to share.
"What am I supposed to do then, play the triangle?," I scoff, raising an eyebrow "how about I don't have a 'set' position? I could alternate between bass and guitar and sometimes keyboard?"

"That sounds like a good idea hyung~! Then everyone will stop arguing" Dowoon smiles at me happily, liking my idea. I smile at him shyly and look over at Brian.
"Then my main position will be bassist, guitarist second and pianist last" I smile and he rolls his eyes. Wonpil notices the tension and hides his head in his notepad, trying not to laugh.
"I'm going to practice dancing, I'll be back.....later...." I grab my bag and look around at everyone.

"See you later hyung!" Dowoon smiles and waves.
"Why do you need to practise dance.....when we are a band?" Brian raises an eyebrow.
"I'd work out instead but I don't want to gain muscle, plus dancing is fun," I shrug at Brian and wave goodbye to a happy looking Dowoon.

I dance for a few hours before the door opens while I'm taking a break. Brian walks in awkwardly and leans against the wall.
"Jae and Sungjin sent me to apologise, sorry for acting cold around you..." he mumbles, rubbing his neck.
"It's okay, I'm used to people acting cold around me" I answer in English with a blank expression. His face lights up and he grins at me.
"You're British? And you didn't tell us?" He exclaims suddenly in English and I jump slightly at his loud voice.

"Y-yeah? I'm s-sorry....?" I look away and see him shaking his head.
"Don't he sorry, it must be cool growing up in a different country~! My words came out wrong," He smiles shyly and sits on the floor next to me. "I'm sorry I was acting cold earlier, I just get shy and it comes out the wrong way. I'd love it if you'd be a bassist with me"
"Don't worry about it, I don't get along with people easily either~" I smile and pat his back.
We talk for about an hour and walk over to the studio.

"We have a song ready for our comeback. Of course, this will technically be your debut. Something about the song.....it just doesn't sound right though." Brian gives me his notebook and I look over the lyrics, correcting the misspelt English parts.
"This sound wrong, it's better sounding if you put 'I'd been holding on to you for so long' instead of 'I'd been holding on for too long' see? It sounds more clear" I suggest and I can see that he's thinking hard.
"Oh yeah, it sounds better..." He scribbles it down and smiles to himself, singing it softly.

"Y/n....? What was your home life like? Before you came here?" Brian asks politely and I nod at his question.
"Hm.....it wasn't bad but I felt a bit invisible when I was at home, my parents favourited my younger brother but never admitted it. When my grandparents came over, it was all about my brother and never me..." I sigh and look up at him "luckily, I had some nice trainee friends that eventually debuted and I 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗇'𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆 𝗌𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝗅𝖾𝖿𝗍 𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖽𝗂𝗌" I sigh, resting my head on my hand.