Chapter Sixty One: Talon

The short, thin blonde man came downstairs, looking angry. Fang had unchained me for the most part, minus one hand chained to the floor. 

Blondie looked like he was trying to bottle up all his emotions as he crossed his arms over his chest. Fang sat with his back against the bars, his wings stuffed through the bars so I could brush dirt out of his beautiful black feathers.

"So why did you come here to torture Bucky?" Blondie asked.

I looked at him from my position on the cold floor, through my black hair that was falling unevenly in my eyes. Finally I cleared my throat and squeezed my eyes shut, searching for the real reason I did it. "I was mad at my brother for leaving me alone in hell's domain. I tortured you and Bucky because I was trying to get Fang's attention again. I was just a jealous fool that sought revenge on my love." I explained. "I was tearing Bucky apart from the inside to torture both you and your husband and to get Fang's attention."

Fang nodded, smiling a little. "Steve, we had a quick talk and Talon apologized to me about that. The only time a demon or fallen angel will apologize is when they truly mean it, so..." Fang shrugged."Talon and I are okay with each other again. In fact..." Fang shot me a mischievous smile over his shoulder. "We're better than we have been in a few months, right, baby?"

"Yes, darling. I think so." I agreed, leaning towards him and kissing the side of his neck. My adopted brother gently took my hand in his and stroked my palm.

Steve looked at us in amazement. "I think that you two are so cute together." said a cracked voice from the stairwell. We all looked at door from the stairs. Bucky was standing there, holding his newly bandaged stump of a shoulder and smiling a little. Bucky limped into the room the rest of the way, stopping right in front of Fang and sitting down. "Lovers' argument?" He asked in Italian. I nodded curtly.

Bucky's face split into a smile. "I ship it. You two have my blessing. And Talon-take care of my son because I will come after you if you break his heart and then I will kill you." Bucky smiled pleasantly, as if he hadn't just threatened me and stood up, putting his arm around Steve. The two proceeded to have a heated argument in another language.

I tapped Fang with the hand that he was holding. "Do they do this often?" I whispered softly. 

Fang nodded. "It's either Russian or Morse Code most of the time because they don't want Jamie and I to hear what they're saying or arguing about." Fang explained, rolling his eyes. "I'm amazed that Bucky isn't very angry about what happened a few hours ago." Fang paused. "Although... I am a bit curious about that kiss you stole from Bucky. Was it real?"

"I was trying to get you jealous, Fang. It's a very hard task." I replied softly in our home language. "You're practically a saint."

"Excuse me, Fang, but that was originally my birthright. I'm from heaven, honey." Fang laughed. I smiled wryly.

Bucky came back and unlocked my cell before unlocking the cuff on my wrist. Fang pulled his wings back into his shirt and stood up. I hugged him properly after standing awkwardly in front of my boyfriend who just happened to be my adopted brother. Fang was still about a foot shorter than me, but definitely more masculine than he used to be.

He held my hand as we went up the stairs and into the common room where Mr Stark and the lean boy with chocolate eyes were playing with two babies, a blonde and a brunette. Two men with long hair sat together on the couch, reading something in a language I couldn't identify. A beautiful woman with a great body and glasses sat on a sporty blonde guy with a playful smile.

Fang ran to greet a redhead who stood in the doorway, holding a plate of cookies with a brunette woman on her back. I looked around, confused and worried about who would like me among this odd group of gays and lesbians and straight people. I decided that staying as close to Fang as possible was the best option.

Fang ran back to me, holding two cookies. He gave one to me and ate his happily. A blonde woman with short hair appeared out of nowhere right in front of me, causing me to startle and accidentally drop my half-eaten cookie. Fang used some of his magic and suspended it in midair.

"I forgot how bad you are at motor skills." Fang muttered in our home language.

"Shut up, Fang." I reply in our language.

"Who the fuck is that?" asked a woman with tanned skin and long, black hair who wore war paint and silver armor with gold lining. The blonde woman shrugged and examined me really closely, hovering just above the ground, causing me to lean back, using my tail to balance.

"Carol, leave Talon alone." Fang said, annoyed. "Valkyrie, this is Talon, my boyfriend."