💋𝟑𝟎.

"A kiss from the devil's lips. . ."
-Ro James XIX💋

Chapter 30:

Ariel

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

BANG!!!

Ariel woke up in a cold sweat to the false sound effects of a gunshot, as the thunder and lightning caused chaos in the sky. She quickly sat up from the bed heaving in fear, as she wiped the sweat from her forehead while shaking relentlessly. Her white jersey tank lounge dress was drenched, as sweat beads covered her whole entire body.

The traumatic nightmares of her kidnapping haunted her every night, always ending with her having to take a life in order to protect her own. A constant reminder that she too can be a killer, just like August.

Ariel looked around the dark room anxiously, as she felt around on the other side of the bed to see if August's body was there. But he wasn't. She sighed, forgetting that she had been making him sleep in the guest room for the past few nights. In a way she blamed him for her capturing, and held a lot of animosity and resentment towards him because of it.

She slowly got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom that was connected to his room. She turned on the water and bent down to splash water in her face. Ariel looked into the mirror and into her own eyes. She silently condemned the woman who stared back at her, no longer able to recognize herself.

Ariel let out a stressful sigh of frustration deciding to suppress her candid memories, as she quickly dried her wet face with a towel before exiting the bathroom. She went over to her purse and took out a orange medication bottle filled with Xanax, popped two pills, then left the bedroom for a bottle of water.

The sound of crackling fire drew her toward the living room as she came down the stairs. August, who was lost in deep thought, had a glass of Hennessy in one hand, while standing in front of the fireplace in discontent. Ariel slowly made her way to the kitchen, noticing how intensely he was staring into the glowing fire.

"It's late. What chu' doin' still up?" He asked, startling her just before she could grab the door to the refrigerator.

His back was towards her and he never looked her way, but Ariel had guessed that he felt her presence as soon as she entered the room.

"Just getting sum' water... Can't sleep." She mumbled, her response short and dry, leaving no room for conversation.

Things between her and August were still quite tense. She hasn't spoken to him since the night of her kidnapping, and August had been giving her the much needed space that's been asked of him by letting her have sometime to come around. But he for damn sure wasn't going to ever let her out of his sight again, keeping her confined in his home.