12

Savanna Pierce

"Look who it is." Dr. James smiled seeing me and Angel when she walked into the room.

"Look at you!" I grinned seeing her pregnant belly.

She did her lil famous Beyoncé pose and rubbed her belly. Me and Angel laughed.

"And she won't take her maternity leave." Angel mumbled.

I looked over at her. "What? Why?"

She shrugged and walked over to the computer and signed in.

"I'm only 6 and a half months."

"She needs to take it soon, she be acting like we don't be seeing her ankles swelling and shit." Angel told us.

She eyed him evilly. "I can fire you."

He sized her up playfully. "Do it, bet the whole staff walks with me."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Savanna, get your husband."

I laughed and pushed him. "Leave her alone."

He smacked his lips.

"Alright you guys, let's look at your baby."

She got up and walked over to us and grabbed the monitor. I laid back and lifted up my shirt and she grabbed the gel and waited for me.

When I was done, she squeezed the gel on me and then grabbed the probe. She turned on the monitor and started to move around my stomach.

"Active already." She laughed.

She turned up the volume and the babies heartbeat blasted through the room.

"Where are the legs," she pointed to the screen. Me and angel both leaned in. "And the arms. Everything looks good, Savanna."

I don't know why, but I started to feel myself cry.

"Aw, baby. Don't cry."

I looked over at him and he grabbed a tissue and gave it to me. I wiped my eyes.

"Thank you."

He winked and went back to looking at the monitor.

"It's a little early to determine the sex, but in a few weeks we should be able to tell." She said still looking at the monitor.

I nodded.

"Have you guys broke the news to Luna?" She asked.

Me and Angel looked at each other.

"No."

"No?" She looked at us crazy. "Why not?"

She grabbed a paper towel and started to wipe off my stomach.

"My brother moved in with us a few weeks ago and at first she hated him, but then she just snapped out of it. I want her to be able to be comfortable with the feeling of having another person in the house."

"She's a little spoiled." I told her.

"And she hasn't got the concept of sharing or necessarily being nice unless it benefits her."

"Hm, sounds like her daddy." Dr. James said.

I laughed loudly. "Doesn't it?"

He smacked his lips.

"I'm not about to do this, I have patients to take care of." He stood up from his seat and was about to walk out.

Dr. James laughed.