Chapter 8

A/N
Hello hello!
I'm back! So sorry for all the wait, I was having major writers block in  between updating this and my other book (The Journal). Please cut me some slack, thanks! Besides that, I tried making an extra long chapter for you guys. I hope you enjoy.

Thank you again!

___  Continuation from last chapter

I tried to get to him as quickly as I could but unfortunately I wasn't fast enough as he had already launched himself off the couch in panic and hit the hardwood floor with a bang, landing on his side.

I rushed over to his side, heart in my throat, to try and make sure he was ok.

He was still seizing, his eyes were dilated and held panic in them but it was like he was in a trance, he was foaming at the mouth with his tongue hanging from one corner. 

“Oh no, oh no, oh no” i say, quickly grabbing a towel that was nearby and scooping the poor cat up in my arms.

“Will he be ok?” Louis asks, worry filling his voice.

“I don't know, Lou, but we have to go to the emergency animal hospital right now” I say, leading the way out to the car.

Louis drives while I sit in the passenger seat with Griffin, who isn't seizing as aggressively but still continues to tremble in my arms.
We reach the hospital in about 10 minutes because, thankfully, it was not too far from my house and get out of the car.

I rush to the front desk with Louis close to my heels and immediately the woman sitting behind the desk recognizes me as this isn't the first time that Griffin was rushed to the emergency room.

“Hey, Liam” She says, getting up from her chair, her eyes then shifting down to the blanket covered lump that i'm holding in my arms “Oh no, what happened?”.

“Griffin” I start, my eyes watery “H-he started having another seizure except it was much longer than any he had ever had before.''

“Alright, honey, lets get him into a room and get him checked out. Would your friend want to come in with you?” She asks gently.

“Yeah, of course” Louis says behind me.

“Ok, follow me, boys” She says, leading us into a room, labelled 1.
She puts a towel down on the table and carefully sets Griffin down on it.

“Here, wait here for a few seconds, and keep an eye on him, the doctor and the vet technician will be here shortly,” she says with a small smile before exiting the room.

I bury my face in Louis’ shoulder, letting a couple of tears fall “What is going to happen to him, Louis?” I ask, sadly.

“I don't know. Liam, but whatever happens, just know that it's for the best. Whatever happens, you still gave him the best life” Louis says, trying to reassure me.

After a few seconds, two people walk into the room, a boy who looks to be in his 20s and a woman wearing white clinical clothing and a stethoscope around her neck.

“Hello, boys, my name is Dr.Morgan and this is my assistant” She introduces herself and gestures to the boy beside her.

“Hello, my name is James” he gives us a smile.

“So, i have heard that your cat has been having seizures?” The doctor asks us.

“Yes” i say “he has been having more and more seizures this year, and his medication isn't working as well on him as it used to. And recently, he started being less interested in his food or playing. But today was one of the worst cases I have seen.. He had a pretty big seizure in the morning but seemed to have calmed down afterwards.. Until tonight.. Me and my friend were watching a movie and everything was fine until he started seizing again and even fell off the couch that he was laying on”.